Windows 10: My computer types by itself

Discus and support My computer types by itself in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can't type propely anything. Computer keeps typing slashes \\\ non stop and opening websites by itself... I have this problem since your last windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertoCanteli, Nov 8, 2020.

1. My computer types by itself

Can't type propely anything. Computer keeps typing slashes \\\ non stop and opening websites by itself...

I have this problem since your last windows 10 update it sucks sorry for my English...

I pay for a product that year by year becomes worst....

Time to go Apple or Linux...

My laptop is new by the way...

:)

RobertoCanteli, Nov 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 typing slow

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted
    system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2: If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Nov 8, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

My computer types by itself

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

My computer types by itself

1. My computer types by itself - Similar Threads - computer types itself

2. Typing is erasing and correcting itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing is erasing and correcting itself: his problem is very odd to me!I'm using Windows 11, on a CLX gaming desktop.Often when I start typing I see the wrong text appear, then it appears to backspace itself and correct itself without my input.As far as I know, I have disabled Any and ALL ai features and type-assist...
  3. Typing is erasing and correcting itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing is erasing and correcting itself: his problem is very odd to me!I'm using Windows 11, on a CLX gaming desktop.Often when I start typing I see the wrong text appear, then it appears to backspace itself and correct itself without my input.As far as I know, I have disabled Any and ALL ai features and type-assist...
  4. My computer starts by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer starts by itself.: My system has been starting by itself. This is a home-built computer. I have gone through the systsem and disabled all of the things that would wake my computer. To many to list. This time when it started, I checked event viewer to see what started my computer. I found this...
  5. My computer starts by itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer starts by itself.: My system has been starting by itself. This is a home-built computer. I have gone through the systsem and disabled all of the things that would wake my computer. To many to list. This time when it started, I checked event viewer to see what started my computer. I found this...
  6. My computer starts by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Keyboard Typing Itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Typing Itself: I run windows 10 64 bit So, I just have updated my windows to 20H2 version and i got this problem after the update, my keyboard starting typing it self, when I press b, it will continously typing b, like bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb, i try to clean B key and move around the...
  8. My computer turns itself on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer turns itself on: I have my computer set not to turn off plugged in but when I put it to sleep it turns on by itself a couple mins later. When I put it in hibernate it turns on by itself also a couple mins later is this a bug or?? submitted by /u/Yng-Swiper [link] [comments]...
  9. My computer restart by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer restart by itself.: I work at my pc on a daily basis, usually working with mozila firefox, when suddenly the screen go black and the manufactures logo Lenovo come up. The computer become in the throws of a self induced restart. I'm using Windows 10 Home . Why does it restart by itself? How...
  10. My computer reset itself!!!???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer reset itself!!!???: I went to sign into my desktop a few days ago and a message came up saying something about my account settings have changed when I had not even used it in days or touched the settings. It let me log in but all of my files and everything were gone. The only thing that stayed...