Windows 10: My computer updated and everything is gone and I can't access any of my bookmarked...

Discus and support My computer updated and everything is gone and I can't access any of my bookmarked... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just turned on my computer today and everything is gone. Everything from my desktop is now hidden from the desktop and I have to go search for it, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JaneKorzen, Sep 9, 2020.

1. My computer updated and everything is gone and I can't access any of my bookmarked...

I just turned on my computer today and everything is gone. Everything from my desktop is now hidden from the desktop and I have to go search for it, my screensaver is just gone, and I can't access any of the browser windows i used to use and even if I open them every single thing I had bookmarked is missing. This is extremely upsetting, how do I get everything back to the way it was and submit a complaint for this unwanted update!

:)

JaneKorzen, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Bookmarks in Microsoft Edge

Hello Bruce,

Based on your concern about bookmarks in Edge, we would like to know some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Karthicka_R on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Sep 9, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 9, 2020
  4. My computer updated and everything is gone and I can't access any of my bookmarked...

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

My computer updated and everything is gone and I can't access any of my bookmarked...

1. My computer updated and everything is gone and I can't access any of my bookmarked... - Similar Threads - computer updated everything

2. I can't access any administrator stuff on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access any administrator stuff on my computer: When I try to run anything as administrator it says "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer?" And it says to continue enter a administrator's username and password. This happens for uac as well I've use the advanced startup menu and there was no...
  3. I can't access any administrator stuff on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access any administrator stuff on my computer: When I try to run anything as administrator it says "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer?" And it says to continue enter a administrator's username and password. This happens for uac as well I've use the advanced startup menu and there was no...
  4. I can't access webpages on my favorites list/bookmarks that I used everyday!

I can't access webpages on my favorites list/bookmarks that I used everyday!: I can't open my regular websites like banking, instagram, etc and instead I get a black page with an error message saying:My screen shot of the page I tried to attach but it won't except my .jpgThe connection isn't privateattackers might be trying to steal your information...
  5. I can't access any of my files -- "Access Denied"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access any of my files -- "Access Denied": I was asked to update Windows 11 this morning. I did so without problem, and now I'm locked out of every single file and folder. I get the "Accessed Denied" message. This happens whether I open from File Explorer or from within Microsoft Word, for example, where I get that I...
  6. I can't access any of my files -- "Access Denied"

I can't access any of my files -- "Access Denied": I was asked to update Windows 11 this morning. I did so without problem, and now I'm locked out of every single file and folder. I get the "Accessed Denied" message. This happens whether I open from File Explorer or from within Microsoft Word, for example, where I get that I...
  7. Everything on my laptop is gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything on my laptop is gone: I recently spilled coffee on my laptop so I had to bring it to my local shop to get it fixed. A fan and my keyboard got replaced but everything on my laptop is gone. I don’t have my office, I don’t need a password to start my laptop, I have zero documents left on my laptop....
  8. I updated my computer and the Battery is gone....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I updated my computer and the Battery is gone....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FlyingDisaster_YT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fs5irl/i_updated_my_computer_and_the_battery_is_gone/
  9. MY COMPUTER UPDETED ITSELF AND KNOW EVERYTHING IS GONE!?!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY COMPUTER UPDETED ITSELF AND KNOW EVERYTHING IS GONE!?!!!!!: I was writing my essay when suddenly my computer started to update all by itself and I just waited like I useally do when it updates. But this time when I loged in everything was gone and the screen was black and there was no internet and even the google chrome apps was gone...
  10. I can't access my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't access my computer.: After downloading what was supposed to be "DriverUpdatePlus" from Microsoft I can't access my computer. It won't let me enter my password or respond in any way. Have I made a bad mistake and downloaded a virus, malware or something?...