Windows 10: My computer was frozen

Discus and support My computer was frozen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was looking up recipes and my computer froze or locked up in the process. There was a Microsoft message on the screen and phone number. I called... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ms. A2020, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Ms. A2020 Win User

My computer was frozen

I was looking up recipes and my computer froze or locked up in the process. There was a Microsoft message on the screen and phone number. I called the number and a person with an Indian accent answered. That person had me to click on the window key and input something in the pop-up box which allowed her access to my computer. From there she scrolled through my computer and said I was hacked and that there was a trojan virus on my computer. I am not tech savvy so yes she threw some things at me that i was oblivious to and I with some doubt decided to trust what she was saying. Unfortunately, this includes my giving personal information such as my bank account information. I started becoming suspicious when I was told prices for firewall protection and began asking questions which they tried to cleverly explain. I regret providing them my financial information but worse than that, persons I was communicating with used my Webcam to take my picture without my permission. I became extremely uneasy at that point and began to really question what was really going on. That individual told me it was part of the verification process to my financial information which still didn't sit well with me. Then I was asked to show my driver's license so they can take a picture, this is where I drew the line...I refused to allow that but they continued anyway in supposedly putting a firewall on my computer. Someone called me from this so-called company verifying my account information but I felt sick to my stomach. This situation is causing me to lose sleep because I'm not sure what I have gotten myself into...they have my financial information, they have an actual picture of me. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO AT THIS POINT??

:)

Ms. A2020, Dec 24, 2020

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 24, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

My computer was frozen

Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse

In the computer hope link for RAM it suggested removing all RAM modules.
    Then power on the computer without RAM modules and listen to the beeps.
    Indicate whether they do or do not match the beep sounds in your video.

Please complete all of the POST troubleshooting steps so that can be ruled in / ruled out.

zbook, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

My computer was frozen

1. My computer was frozen - Similar Threads - computer was frozen

2. Computer frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer frozen: My computer pixelated and then froze, won’t boot back up despite the power button being on. It is a fairly high end lenovo laptop with good specs, about a year old. Does anyone know what is causing this problem and how i can fix it? thank you...
  3. Computer frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer frozen: My computer pixelated and then froze, won’t boot back up despite the power button being on. It is a fairly high end lenovo laptop with good specs, about a year old. Does anyone know what is causing this problem and how i can fix it? thank you...
  4. Frozen Computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frozen Computer: My laptop won’t let me click anything, whether it is with my mouse, or the trackpad. When I type with the keys it works, however. I would shut it down, but the stupid design requires you to click to shut it down. Any help is welcome. submitted by /u/MoonPupper [link]...
  5. System restore frozen on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore frozen on my computer: My computer is stuck in System Restore, has been for over 24 hours. I can turn off the computer but when I turn it back on it comes up with the same "Please wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored System Restore is restoring the registry" I cannot do...
  6. Frozen computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Frozen computer: I was using my computer when the screen had a message come up from Windows Support Alert saying my computer had some unusual activity on it and was now frozen and to ring a number to free it. Is this a scam and how do I free my computer. Even the mouse is not working. Help...
  7. Computer Frozen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Frozen: I was playing rainbow 6 siege under min requirements and it just froze my whole computer I’ve tryed CTRL+ALT+DELETE and turning off my computer but it just doesn’t work pls help submitted by /u/kirbymyzeldayeet [link] [comments]...
  8. Computer Frozen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Frozen: Seems every time a update appears, and starts to download, which is fine, but then when the update starts to install the computer freezes up.. Right now the computer has three updates waiting to finish, and the machine will not start and finish, I watch the dots spin, it'll...
  9. Frozen computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Frozen computer: Hi, for some reason today my computer freezes before the login screen, and i can't do ANYTHING, not with the mouse or keyboard and yes they are both plugged in. So i powered down my computer and powered it back on and now it takes me to this screen where it asks me to choose...
  10. my computer get frozen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my computer get frozen: it frozen all the time pleaasae help 94835