Windows 10: My computer was restarted and when I want to check computer log by gpedit, I found it...

Discus and support My computer was restarted and when I want to check computer log by gpedit, I found it... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Here is 2022-3-19 at 16:00. I was having my lunch outside and when I came back, I found that my computer was restarted. It would not cause... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by slowkimo, Mar 19, 2022.

1. slowkimo Win User

My computer was restarted and when I want to check computer log by gpedit, I found it...

Hi Everyone, Here is 2022-3-19 at 16:00. I was having my lunch outside and when I came back, I found that my computer was restarted. It would not cause by network attack because I use the command 'netsh interface set interface XXXX disable' to disable all the interface I use. I want to use gpedit to check computer login record but I found that gpedit disappeared, it is not in system32 and I remembered that I used it one week ago. I want to ask how to fix it or at least let me find a way to check my computer log. If this is caused by security issue I think Microsoft should take full respons

:)

slowkimo, Mar 19, 2022

2. GPEDIT is completely ineffective in Win10 PRO

Hi joeyberger,

Sorry for the delay in response

What specific setting did you change in gpedit?

Do you face the issue only with gpedit?

We suggest you to run this command and check.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • After the SFC scan, Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Mar 19, 2022
  3. Computer restarts after logging into Windows XP

Just a few seconds after logging into Windows XP my computer restarts. I'm trying to figure out (in a general sense) what this problem could be. Something to do with video card drivers maybe?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

PencilWarrior, Mar 19, 2022
  4. mystikl Win User

My computer was restarted and when I want to check computer log by gpedit, I found it...

Computer restarting

So I get up this morning and start my computer, I try to check my mail then out of the blue it restarts. After a few more crashes I started the usual troubleshooting: I unplugged everything except the keyboard, cleared CMOS and checked for loose cables. Didn't work. I ruled out the OS (Windows 7) due to the computer restarting even while it was in BIOS.
    What could it be, hard drive, video card, motherboard?

mystikl, Mar 19, 2022
Thema:

1. My computer was restarted and when I want to check computer log by gpedit, I found it... - Similar Threads - computer was restarted

2. why does my computer restart by it self? I found the error message below in the logs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my computer restart by it self? I found the error message below in the logs.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffba8971820010, 0xfffff80232c73660, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b24fd169-68a3-49f7-b579-4c32d942e480....
  3. I want to control when I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to control when I restart my computer: Hi. It is completely unacceptable that Microsoft decides when to restart my computer for updates. I'm willing to restart my computer for updates, but I want to control when it happens. Does anyone know how to make this work?BTW I am running Windows 10.Thanks,Kevin...
  4. I want to control when I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to control when I restart my computer: Hi. It is completely unacceptable that Microsoft decides when to restart my computer for updates. I'm willing to restart my computer for updates, but I want to control when it happens. Does anyone know how to make this work?BTW I am running Windows 10.Thanks,Kevin...
  5. I want to control when I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. My computer was restarted and when I want to check computer log by gpedit, I found it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer was restarted and when I want to check computer log by gpedit, I found it...: Hi Everyone, Here is 2022-3-19 at 16:00. I was having my lunch outside and when I came back, I found that my computer was restarted. It would not cause by network attack because I use the command 'netsh interface set interface XXXX disable' to disable all the interface I use....
  7. gpedit not found

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpedit not found: Hello - I can't change my lock screen and don't have access to gp edit. What can I do? Thanks, Gretchen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-not-found/e1ec3d6d-1285-47e7-b3e8-a7a0a39ac947
  8. Computer restarted while I was gone and I found this..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarted while I was gone and I found this..: Went out to pick up food, came back and I was at the log in screen. Very odd, because my pc usually stays on unless I turn it off or sleep.. Does anyone have any insight for this? - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System>...
  9. How to check log about when computer shutdown, sleep and restart ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to check log about when computer shutdown, sleep and restart ?: I check event viewer but they show when you display wake up from sleep and when your display sleep because idle, not when you sleep your computer, sleep i mean here by pressing sleep in power options from windows start or alt f4 to sleep your computer not sleep the display....
  10. I want to stay logged into my computer.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I want to stay logged into my computer.: I have Windows 10 & Microsoft 16on my laptop. When I leave my laptop for even 5 minutes, it requires me to log in again. I want to stay logged in. How? I have tried setting the power to stay logged in , but it will not. I get tired of having to log in again when I have been...