Windows 10: My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar to the left side of my monitor, not at...

Discus and support My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar to the left side of my monitor, not at... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar moved to the left side of my screen, not at the bottom on the left of the screen. How do I change it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ellen Martin1, Nov 17, 2022.

1. My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar to the left side of my monitor, not at...

My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar moved to the left side of my screen, not at the bottom on the left of the screen. How do I change it back? Thanks!

:)

Ellen Martin1, Nov 17, 2022

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 17, 2022
  3. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 17, 2022
  4. My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar to the left side of my monitor, not at...

Taskbar on second monitor

Hi all,

I've got a Surface 4 Pro and am having an issue where the taskbar is showing on the secondary monitor. My external monitor is designated as the 'main display' and is to the left of the Surface. The desktop is extended onto the external monitor.

It's easy enough to drag the taskbar over but I can't get it to stay.

Thinks I've tried(that didn't work):

• Lock the taskbar.
    • Turn off the 'Show taskbar on all displays' option
    • 'Auto hide' option has no effect.
    • Setting the Surface display as the primary, rebooting, setting the external monitor as primary

Any ideas?

erickson.brian, Nov 17, 2022
Thema:

My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar to the left side of my monitor, not at...

1. My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar to the left side of my monitor, not at... - Similar Threads - computer was updated

2. I want to move my entire taskbar to the right or left side of my screen. It was possible in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to move my entire taskbar to the right or left side of my screen. It was possible in...: I have tried the registry edit changing from 03 to 00 but it doesn't work simply. I have no idea why. Please help. This is really bothering my OCD....
  3. I want to move my entire taskbar to the right or left side of my screen. It was possible in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to move my entire taskbar to the right or left side of my screen. It was possible in...: I have tried the registry edit changing from 03 to 00 but it doesn't work simply. I have no idea why. Please help. This is really bothering my OCD....
  4. Move taskbar to left side of my screen. Give it vertigo!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move taskbar to left side of my screen. Give it vertigo!: Today is my first day on windows 11. The absolute first thing i attempted to do after the install was move the taskbar to the left wall. Setting options only allow me to move the icons to the left which seemed rather silly but i understand how that is reminiscent of win95....
  5. I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN....: I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN....
  6. I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN....

I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN....: I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN.I WANT MY TASKBAR BACK ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN....
  7. My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar to the left side of my monitor, not at...

My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar to the left side of my monitor, not at...: My computer was updated today. I want the taskbar moved to the left side of my screen, not at the bottom on the left of the screen. How do I change it back? Thanks!...
  8. Taskbar going off the left side of my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar going off the left side of my screen: I just got my PC yesterday and as soon as I load it up after setting it up the taskbar is going off the screen. It's at max resolution so it fits my monitor but then it's still going off the side....
  9. The left side of my screen is off of the monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The left side of my screen is off of the monitor.: I cannot see the left side of my screen, it extends beyond my monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-left-side-of-my-screen-is-off-of-the-monitor/ec983493-090d-4257-ae00-4da2ecb3d025
  10. Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer: I have a lot of hard drives connected to my computer, some internal, some external. Hard drives J and L are internal hard drives. When I click on "KingKong" (the name I gave my computer), hard drives J and L aren't listed under KingKong on the left but they're listed in...