Windows 10: My computer will always restart when I try to shut it down

Discus and support My computer will always restart when I try to shut it down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer is on dual boot with ubuntu and whenever I click on shutdown, the computer by itself doesn't even restart, Windows immediately restart.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dracodyck, Oct 6, 2022.

1. My computer will always restart when I try to shut it down

My computer is on dual boot with ubuntu and whenever I click on shutdown, the computer by itself doesn't even restart, Windows immediately restart. What can I do to prevent this ?

submitted by /u/Dracodyck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dracodyck, Oct 6, 2022
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused My computer will always restart when I try to shut it down :confused:*Mad My computer will always restart when I try to shut it down :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 6, 2022
  4. My computer will always restart when I try to shut it down

Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

My computer will always restart when I try to shut it down

1. My computer will always restart when I try to shut it down - Similar Threads - computer always restart

2. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not shutting down but restart: When I click on the shutdown button my computer will only restart. It is working fine before. I got nothing about changes or install anything. I dont know what cause so I cant share anything about the problem. I hope someone who is knowledgeable can help me with this....
  3. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not shutting down but restart: When I click on the shutdown button my computer will only restart. It is working fine before. I got nothing about changes or install anything. I dont know what cause so I cant share anything about the problem. I hope someone who is knowledgeable can help me with this....
  4. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. gvrbackgroundwindow3 appear when I try to shut down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gvrbackgroundwindow3 appear when I try to shut down computer: Hello, When I shutdown the computer then I always get "gvrbackgroundwindow3" is open and forcing to stop the shutdown or restart process. I have checked all the process in task manager, autorun, process explorer and procmon but there was no such program running in the...
  6. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  7. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  8. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Computer PC sometimes restarts when trying to shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer PC sometimes restarts when trying to shut down: Hi, I noticed that my pc sometimes restarts itself when I try to shut it down. I found the error in the reliability history under WINDOWS WAS NOT PROPERLY SHUT DOWN.Then, looking at the Event Viewer, I narrowed it down to Event 41, Kernel-Power... The system has rebooted...
  10. restarts when shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    restarts when shut down: I have a problem with shutdown my laptop restarts whenever I shutdown or power off my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarts-when-shut-down/a2cc7d92-bc0e-4838-85af-70e1ca295558