Windows 10: my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

Discus and support my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer was working fine a few days ago but I restarted it and now when I turn it on its just a black screen. It is not an issue with the cables or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Henry R_206, Nov 6, 2023.

1. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

My computer was working fine a few days ago but I restarted it and now when I turn it on its just a black screen. It is not an issue with the cables or my monitor, I can even get my mouse to appear on the screen. I have tried to clean the ram and switch it around. I have also tried removing my gpu, plugging it back in and cleaning it. I am able to access the troubleshoot screen and have tried resetting my computer and wiping all files but it is unable to wipe it. I have also tried to boot it up in safe mode but it is unable to boot in safe mode or wipe my computer. I have tried so many solutio

:)

Henry R_206, Nov 6, 2023
  2. zbook Win User
    zbook, Nov 7, 2023
  3. Black screen after booting

Hi Darlene,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as a corrupted driver, Internet connection, third-party software, and external hardware or devices. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Can you verify if the issue occurred during the update or after installing the update?
    • Are you able to log in to your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps provided on this link to resolve your black screen
    issue. On the "Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors" section, select the error that you're experiencing from the options provided.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Nov 7, 2023
  4. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Nov 7, 2023
Thema:

my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

1. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank - Similar Threads - computer boot screen

2. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank: My computer was working fine a few days ago but I restarted it and now when I turn it on its just a black screen. It is not an issue with the cables or my monitor, I can even get my mouse to appear on the screen. I have tried to clean the ram and switch it around. I have also...
  3. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank: My computer was working fine a few days ago but I restarted it and now when I turn it on its just a black screen. It is not an issue with the cables or my monitor, I can even get my mouse to appear on the screen. I have tried to clean the ram and switch it around. I have also...
  4. Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.: Every time I boot up my computer normally it goes to the welcome screen but after typing in my password the screen is black and i can only see my cursor. I have tried everything but nothing works. I think it's because of the latest update because every time it installs again...
  5. Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.: Every time I boot up my computer normally it goes to the welcome screen but after typing in my password the screen is black and i can only see my cursor. I have tried everything but nothing works. I think it's because of the latest update because every time it installs again...
  6. Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Computer not booting up Black Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not booting up Black Screen: How do I download a boot disk to USB ?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-booting-up-black-screen/49411470-d6d0-4f39-9d6b-60e0b11414d4
  8. Computer boots to black or blank screen with blinking cursor

in Windows 10 News
    Computer boots to black or blank screen with blinking cursor: [ATTACH]When you boot a computer, and all it shows is a black or blank screen with a blinking cursor (it may look like an underscore), […] This article Computer boots to black or blank screen with blinking cursor first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. PC screen remains blank. "black"

PC screen remains blank. "black": The computer got stuck like hanged remains till half an hour, and then i press the power button to switch off and when i again it switch on the screen remains black till now. it about 2 hr of the same screen....
  10. Black / Blank screen on boot up, no wireless mouse or keyboard functions

Black / Blank screen on boot up, no wireless mouse or keyboard functions: Running windows 10 - 1903 As of yesterday, we believe after an update, PC boots to a black screen AND has no wireless mouse or keyboard functionality. Have checked cords, changed cords, checked the monitor source AND changed the monitor. No change. The monitor light...