Windows 10: My computer will no longer open .jpg or .png files, (It says there is no app associated...

Discus and support My computer will no longer open .jpg or .png files, (It says there is no app associated... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First, none of my .png or .jpg pictures can be viewed by thumbnails (they have some generic-looking icon). Second, If I try to download a .ico, .png... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kyle Brandtjen, Aug 22, 2019.

1. My computer will no longer open .jpg or .png files, (It says there is no app associated...

First, none of my .png or .jpg pictures can be viewed by thumbnails (they have some generic-looking icon).

Second, If I try to download a .ico, .png or .jpg I will receive this error window: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page."

Third, I have tried to change the default app to paint.net and this lets me view pictures I already have but their thumbnails still are not visible and I get the same error window when I download those types of file formats.

Fourth, My Windows Store does not work... I have no idea why I am trying some things you guys told me to do but nothing works yet with the store so I cannot use that to fix this problem.

What should I do?

:)

Kyle Brandtjen, Aug 22, 2019

2. Removing File Association that opens file with specific app

How do I reset a file to its original file association (in this case "NO ASSOCIATION")?

• I mistakenly tried to open a ".pieceshash" file [ b4ec92e20ca80c0524198cc75cededf138401f97.pieceshash ] and
    • chose to open it with IE (with the check box set to always open with this app).
    Now I cannot remove the file association. Please Help. Thanks

GalenRhoades, Aug 22, 2019
  3. badrobot Win User
    Portable apps file association/open with//"Types.exe" app

I think it's the extra steps that he doesn't like. But that should also work.

badrobot, Aug 22, 2019
  4. My computer will no longer open .jpg or .png files, (It says there is no app associated...

'Open with' file association

I can open the files fine. The default apps work, along with other default apps I associate in control panel and suggested apps. I just can't open the file with a program of my choosing.

Usually one can right click on a file and choose 'open with...' bringing up a Window's pop up and a browse button. When ever I choose 'open with..' (or when there are suggested apps: 'choose another app') it comes up with the error.

DrizzlingRain, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

My computer will no longer open .jpg or .png files, (It says there is no app associated...

1. My computer will no longer open .jpg or .png files, (It says there is no app associated... - Similar Threads - computer longer open

2. I can't open my png or jpg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open my png or jpg files: I can't open my picture files as usual,I don't know why.It says install failed please contact your software vendor.Please help me, appreciate your help,thank you....
  3. I can't open my png or jpg files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my png or jpg files: I can't open my picture files as usual,I don't know why.It says install failed please contact your software vendor.Please help me, appreciate your help,thank you....
  4. I can't open my png or jpg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to associate .jpg files with an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to associate .jpg files with an app: I have Windows 11 home. I have many image files on a flash drive some of which are .jpg files. In Control Panel there is no .jpg entry for me to change the default application. Also, when I right click on the file, click More Options, click Open With, then Irfanview, there is...
  6. Unable to associate .jpg files with an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to associate .jpg files with an app: I have Windows 11 home. I have many image files on a flash drive some of which are .jpg files. In Control Panel there is no .jpg entry for me to change the default application. Also, when I right click on the file, click More Options, click Open With, then Irfanview, there is...
  7. File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG

File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG: I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations. And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs. The problem is Windows 10 has decided that all my photos are now SONY RAW files. I cannot upload them to Google photo. It...
  8. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...
  9. Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop

Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop: Hello Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop The old association returns Always the files association with Paint 3D or Photos in Win10 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] It does not happen in both ways Thank you...
  10. No jpg file association ?

in Windows 10 Support
    No jpg file association ?: I double clicked on xxx.jpg and LibreOffice opened. I wanted to change the program to IrfanView. I went in through Start > search > associations. How could they screw that up ? 10703

Users found this page by searching for:

1. convert from vesrato to jpg

2. open png files windows 10

3. how to open png files in windows 10