Windows 10: My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on

Discus and support My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On Windows 10, hibernate is broken You close the lid and the laptop can catch fire in your backpack because Hibernate is not a reliable command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dorin Ionescu, Feb 15, 2022.

1. My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on

On Windows 10, hibernate is broken You close the lid and the laptop can catch fire in your backpack because Hibernate is not a reliable command anymore. Other applications or drivers on Windows 10 can now cancel your hibernate command and the computer will still work at full power in your backpack - you will take it out at super-hot temperatures as there is no ventilation in a closed backpack I tried various solutions like - powercfg -requests and overwrite some stuff here like powercfg /requestsoverride PROCESS chrome.exe AWAYMODE DISPLAY SYSTEM Powercfg -requestsoverride Driver "Legacy

:)

Dorin Ionescu, Feb 15, 2022

2. Cannot turn off hibernation

We have two relatively new identical HP ProDesk 400s running Windows 10. The computers often go into hibernation over night, preventing us from being able to log in remotely, and we can't shut off that feature. Our IT guy is also baffled. We have tried:

Turning off hibernation in Windows

Turning off hibernation in a command shell being run as administrator

Changing the Windows power settings to high performance

Updating Windows, drivers, BIOS

Turning off power saving options in the BIOS

Deleting Energy Star

Setting the BIOS to have the computer wake up every morning at 7:00 automatically

Basically, we have tried everything that makes any intuitive sense and anything the intertubes suggested we do. All HP could suggest in addition is reinstalling Windows, which is a bigger step than we would like to take.

Luke Hannah, Feb 15, 2022
  3. Ernie San Win User
    hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Feb 15, 2022
  4. John Vil Win User

My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on

1. My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on - Similar Threads - computer hibernate anymore

2. My desktop office computer doesn't turn on anymore

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My desktop office computer doesn't turn on anymore: Last night, my office computer had randomly turned off and won't power on anymore. I tried testing different outlets and checking the charger and it still won't turn on or show the blinking light. It has been like this for over 15 hours now and it's a tad bit annoying. Is...
  3. My desktop office computer doesn't turn on anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop office computer doesn't turn on anymore: Last night, my office computer had randomly turned off and won't power on anymore. I tried testing different outlets and checking the charger and it still won't turn on or show the blinking light. It has been like this for over 15 hours now and it's a tad bit annoying. Is...
  4. My desktop office computer doesn't turn on anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on: On Windows 10, hibernate is broken You close the lid and the laptop can catch fire in your backpack because Hibernate is not a reliable command anymore. Other applications or drivers on Windows 10 can now cancel your hibernate command and the computer will still work at full...
  6. My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on: On Windows 10, hibernate is broken You close the lid and the laptop can catch fire in your backpack because Hibernate is not a reliable command anymore. Other applications or drivers on Windows 10 can now cancel your hibernate command and the computer will still work at full...
  7. hibernation turned on, at times, my laptop refuses to hibernate

hibernation turned on, at times, my laptop refuses to hibernate: Nice thread. While I have hibernation turned on, at times, my laptop refuses to hibernate. I've read there may be apps that can influence whether I can hibernate my PC. Is there an easy way to identify which apps have this annoying "feature" so I can either disable or...
  8. My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on and recently, I could not...

My computer will not hibernate anymore it turns straight back on and recently, I could not...: Hey everyone,Just recently my computer will not hibernate sometimes. I press the power button to hibernate, it goes black for a second and quickly returns to the lock screen. Today, I pressed the hibernate button 5 times before I think it went into hibernate. I left it for...
  9. Cortana wont turn off my computer anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana wont turn off my computer anymore: Probably the only voice command i use with Cortana. Now she wont turn off my computer anymore "Im sorry I cant turn off this device." This worked for years. But recently cortona stopped working entirely until i signed into my microsoft account (why is this required now?) and...
  10. Laptop won't go to sleep/hibernate; turns back on

Laptop won't go to sleep/hibernate; turns back on: So pretty much my title. This used to be a really common issue, then it stopped doing it on it's own. Last night it started back up. Now, I know with such machinery, nothing really happens "on it's own", but... I've made no changes to any settings, downloaded no...