Windows 10: My computer will not let me save or open files from any application. How can I fix this?

Discus and support My computer will not let me save or open files from any application. How can I fix this? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been having some issues with my computer lately where I can't save files to my computer and I can't open files to messaging apps or anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Connor Coyle, Apr 11, 2020.

1. My computer will not let me save or open files from any application. How can I fix this?

I have been having some issues with my computer lately where I can't save files to my computer and I can't open files to messaging apps or anything that might need to open a file. I have still been able to download things just fine.

When trying to open Event Viewer to give you all some error messages it may have in there, it did not let me so I can't really provide information.

:)

Connor Coyle, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Saving/Opening files crashes applications

Let's further isolate your concern about the File Explorer. We'd like to gather additional information to resolve this issue. Please answer the following:

• Did you install any recent application before this happened?
    • Have you tried clearing the history of the File Explorer? To do this, open File Explorer
      > View > Options > Change Folder and search options
      > Privacy > Clear File Explorer History >
      Clear > OK.

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the netsh and winsock reset as an initial troubleshooting step to fix any network related issue that may be affecting your device. To do this, you may check these steps:

• Type cmd in the search box > right-click Command Prompt >
      Run as administrator.
    • Type netsh in the Command Prompt > press Enter.
    • Type winsock in the Command Prompt > hit Enter.

Let us know if the recommended solution works for you.

Joan Pin, Apr 11, 2020
  3. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 11, 2020
  4. My computer will not let me save or open files from any application. How can I fix this?

cant open zip files without saving first

When i get an attachment via email like a zip file i cant just open the file from the email i have to save and then open, i have tried the reg fix with the level security but still i cant open files, its a real pain

georgesperis, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

My computer will not let me save or open files from any application. How can I fix this?

1. My computer will not let me save or open files from any application. How can I fix this? - Similar Threads - computer let save

2. My computer is not letting me log in after resetting it, how can I fix this?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer is not letting me log in after resetting it, how can I fix this?: I was trying to reset my computer to clear all my apps so that I could sell it, but after the reset finished it won’t let me back into the computer and instead keeps showing me a screen saying that the user profile service failed the sign in. How can I fix this?...
  3. My computer is not letting me log in after resetting it, how can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is not letting me log in after resetting it, how can I fix this?: I was trying to reset my computer to clear all my apps so that I could sell it, but after the reset finished it won’t let me back into the computer and instead keeps showing me a screen saying that the user profile service failed the sign in. How can I fix this?...
  4. My computer is not letting me log in after resetting it, how can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC: I am trying to save to my local MAC and save grays out for local on my mac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-only-lets-me-save-my-files-online-and/b76e472e-6273-4717-8684-6183acf59517
  6. My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC

My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC: I am trying to save to my local MAC and save grays out for local on my mac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-only-lets-me-save-my-files-online-and/b76e472e-6273-4717-8684-6183acf59517
  7. how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application?: how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application? We exported a log for from marketo and saved it as a pdf. It saved as an MS DOS Application and now we are unable to open the file. Please advise....
  8. how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application?

how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application?: how can I open a file that was saved as a MS DOS application? We exported a log for from marketo and saved it as a pdf. It saved as an MS DOS Application and now we are unable to open the file. Please advise....
  9. how can i fix this? it doesnt let me create any new file etc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i fix this? it doesnt let me create any new file etc: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_Cr3ePyShOt_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wozj85/how_can_i_fix_this_it_doesnt_let_me_create_any/
  10. PC not letting me save ANY image files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC not letting me save ANY image files?: My computer is not letting me save any image files. Every time I click the "save" or "save as" prompts nothing happens, it doesn't bring up any folder, or prompt to name the file. I've tried restarting, completely shutting off, and deleting excess documents off my pc, nothing...