Windows 10: My computer will not open any apps and wont restart.

Discus and support My computer will not open any apps and wont restart. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer wont open any apps or restart or shut down. I can't do anything. Please respond ASAP.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mycomputerneedshelp, Mar 4, 2020.

1. My computer will not open any apps and wont restart.

My computer wont open any apps or restart or shut down. I can't do anything. Please respond ASAP.

:)

Mycomputerneedshelp, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. My computer will not open any apps and wont restart. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 4, 2020
  3. tarn_55 Win User
    photo app in windows 10 wont load

my photo app wont open, and I cant uninstall it for it does not come up in the apps list in the settings. But it is in the all apps list.

When I have tried to reinstall it from playstore it says already installed. But wont open, and the new Twinui default photo view app wont open any jpeg files it say "class not registered".

I have followed other suggestions of troubleshooting, and system scan with no results.

Any suggestions?

regards

Tarn

tarn_55, Mar 4, 2020
  4. My computer will not open any apps and wont restart.

settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

My computer will not open any apps and wont restart.

1. My computer will not open any apps and wont restart. - Similar Threads - computer open apps

2. My laptop wont allow me to open any other app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont allow me to open any other app.: Hello, my laptop wont let me open anything such as my settings, my wifi, my volume settings and nothing else will open no matter how many times I click it. Only apps that are already instaled such as google, fox fire, or games open but nothing else will. Ive already tried...
  3. My laptop wont allow me to open any other app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop wont allow me to open any other app.: Hello, my laptop wont let me open anything such as my settings, my wifi, my volume settings and nothing else will open no matter how many times I click it. Only apps that are already instaled such as google, fox fire, or games open but nothing else will. Ive already tried...
  4. My computer wont shut down or restart and some of my games wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer wont shut down or restart and some of my games wont open: When I click shut down or restart it just stays on the screen and doesn't do anything so I have to hold down the power button to turn it off. another issue is that games like fortnite and valorant open to the loading screen then say unresponsive in task manager. Task manager...
  5. My computer wont shut down or restart and some of my games wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer wont shut down or restart and some of my games wont open: When I click shut down or restart it just stays on the screen and doesn't do anything so I have to hold down the power button to turn it off. another issue is that games like fortnite and valorant open to the loading screen then say unresponsive in task manager. Task manager...
  6. My computer wont shut down or restart and some of my games wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My windows apps wont open

My windows apps wont open: Hello, So a couple of months ago I had a friend back up some mac files onto my pc, ever since then I was not able to open up my windows apps. When I click the Windows button on the bottom left it does nothing. when I try to open an image from my desktop it says...
  8. Windows wont allow any apps to open

Windows wont allow any apps to open: I have had an issue with my computer the last week where all my applications just shut down as soon as they open. This is not just limited to games, all windows apps i try to open such as command prompt or services also immediately closed. I have reset my computer 3 times and...
  9. My computer wont restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer wont restart: Recently I have been unable to successfully restart my computer. I have been using a used RX 570 graphics card that had been used for mining, and I ran into error 43. I have been using the atikpatcher to bypass the problem for months until I tried again and it didn't work,...
  10. Chrome wont open sometimes, computer is odd on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome wont open sometimes, computer is odd on restart: Sometimes, Chrome will not open. I can try to click on the icon, click on it from the start menu, or right click and try to open it. The mouse shows that it is loading for a few seconds, but then the mouse returns to normal and Chrome doesn't open. If I restart my computer,...