Windows 10: my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower

Discus and support my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my computer will not power of I have to use the on off button on the tower its running windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by teresavernon, Feb 3, 2019.

1. my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower

my computer will not power of I have to use the on off button on the tower its running windows 10

:)

teresavernon, Feb 3, 2019

2. Why are computers able to run when power is turned off on power bar?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 Technical preview.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What do you refer by ‘Why are computers able to run when power is turned off on power bar?’

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 3, 2019
  3. powering on computer

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer will not power on with the button on my tower. Have to unplug the computer tower several times to get it to turn on. I never had this problem with Windows 7. Any solutions or advice or anwers?

CeceliaBarnett, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower

Computer turns itself on

Hi Dustin,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the fast startup:

• Right-click the Start menu, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the view from Category to Large icons.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower

1. my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower - Similar Threads - computer power off

2. My Computer Won't Turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer Won't Turn off: Hi I Own A Windows 10 System, Its OS Is Windows 10 Pro, The Computer is less than 1 year old.Specs Are Here If NeededDevice name DESKTOP-9OHUAP9 Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7600T CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.88 GB usable Product ID 00330-51295-89172-AAOEM...
  3. Computer turning on is a turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning on is a turn off.: My computer sometimes turns itself on when it's unattended. I thought it was being used by a bitcoin miner, but virus checks didn't show anything.To prevent it happening I started turning off the net using software before putting it to sleep or shutting down. standard menu...
  4. Monitor powers on after computer turns it off

Monitor powers on after computer turns it off: Trying to find how to keep monitor off after I lock the PC. What I do: 1. Monitor powers off after 1 minute when PC is locked 2. In few seconds computer plays sound like it detects new hardware, monitors wakes up and shows "No Cable Connected". 3. Then monitor turns off....
  5. computer on all the time unless I turn it off

computer on all the time unless I turn it off: I want to keep my computer on all the time unless I turn it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-on-all-the-time-unless-i-turn-it-off/cf21f96e-a23a-4039-89c9-52514dbb423f
  6. I have to turn my computer off twice for it to completely turn off.

I have to turn my computer off twice for it to completely turn off.: Whenever I click the shut down option, it proceeds to say “shutting down” as usual, but it doesn’t turn off completely. The monitor goes dark, as it should, but the processor fan stays on as well as the LEDs if I had them turned on and the power button, the one you use to...
  7. My Computer Will Not Sign Into Safe Mode Unless Turned Off, Then On. Will Not Sign Into...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer Will Not Sign Into Safe Mode Unless Turned Off, Then On. Will Not Sign Into...: I just cured a seemingly impossible sign-in problem by much lessening what loads up in startup. Three problems, however, linger. My computer will not boot into safe mode unless I shut it off first. Startup repair may address this, but I can only sign into it in safe mode....
  8. I can't turn off my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't turn off my computer.: Hey, recently i bought a lenovo gaming laptop, and I upgrade it whit another ssd (because it just come whit 250gb m.2) , but since tan I can't shutdown my computer. When I shut down by the taskbar, it starts to shut down, the screen goes off and than it just comes back to...
  9. Powering computer off

Powering computer off: I never want my computer to shut off. I have the power option set to "never" but after a couple of days the computer wouldn't respond. the power light is on but nothing happens when I push any key. The only way to power it up again is to turn the power button off and then...
  10. My mainboard turns off my usb ports when i power off my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mainboard turns off my usb ports when i power off my computer: I need my usb ports on the front to stay on after i shut off my computer so they can charge my headphones during the night, but my mainboard shuts off the usb port so my headphones are low on battery when i wake up the next morning. I did some googling but didnt find any...