Windows 10: my computer will not recognize my disc drive

Discus and support my computer will not recognize my disc drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why won't my computer recognize my disc drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JosephHendrix1, Apr 30, 2020.

1. my computer will not recognize my disc drive

why won't my computer recognize my disc drive

:)

JosephHendrix1, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Cweiss2 Win User

Windows 10 does not recognize Disc Drive

After installing Windows 10 (I had 7 before), my computer does not recognize the D: Drive at all.

I have a Lenovo H410 Desktop (Lenovo Windows 7PC).

My scans show that all my drivers are updated, but there does not seem to be a driver for the disc drive.

Is that what I am missing? If so, could someone suggest where I obtain it? I have tried the Lennovo website, but am having some trouble getting to the drivers.

Thank you.

Cweiss2, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    computer not recognizing usb drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use USB drive on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error when connecting a USB drive?
    • Does this issue occur only with one particular USB or with all the USB drives?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized”
    except for Method 1 and 2.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Macgram4 Win User

my computer will not recognize my disc drive

dvd drive not recognizing discs burned on computer

This afternoon I had a session with a tech person and it was determined that my dvd drive on a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 10 is working fine to play dvd's--however it only plays certain ones and will not recognize those burned from a computer. We
    have discs with family events that we would like to play and they will not--or if they start they will stop after a minute or two. Any clues as to what the problem is? I insert them in the drive and the drive doesn't even recognize them--maybe one in 10 times
    it will recognize it and some noise starts but it is not recognized. I tried using both VLC media player and Cyberlink Power Media Player.

Macgram4, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

my computer will not recognize my disc drive

1. my computer will not recognize my disc drive - Similar Threads - computer recognize disc

2. Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop: My Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop. The drive came with the laptop new, and it always worked. Sometime after upgrading to Windows 10 Home, it stopped working. I have not pursued the issue but now I would like to have this unit working again. I have...
  3. Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop: My Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop. The drive came with the laptop new, and it always worked. Sometime after upgrading to Windows 10 Home, it stopped working. I have not pursued the issue but now I would like to have this unit working again. I have...
  4. Blu-ray Disc Drive ABHCA-H is not recognized by my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my computer willl not recognize my thumb drive

my computer willl not recognize my thumb drive: my computer will not find my thumb drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-willl-not-recognize-my-thumb-drive/556d45fc-778e-48f5-82cb-922c09dfc091
  6. my computer willl not recognize my thumb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer willl not recognize my thumb drive: my computer will not find my thumb drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-willl-not-recognize-my-thumb-drive/556d45fc-778e-48f5-82cb-922c09dfc091
  7. my computer willl not recognize my thumb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Make my computer recognize my network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make my computer recognize my network drive: I have two Windows 10 computers on my home network, and one shared network drive. One computer recognizes it, but the other does not. How do I make my computer recognize the drive?...
  9. My pc's disc drive

My pc's disc drive: How do I eject a disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-pcs-disc-drive/01481afe-d5ca-47ee-8b13-1f7c2e01a7c4
  10. My windows 10 computer will not play or recognize a CD in the disc drive

My windows 10 computer will not play or recognize a CD in the disc drive: How do I get My windows 10 computer to play or recognize a CD in the disc drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-windows-10-computer-will-not-play-or-recognize/5bd494e7-c974-42dd-87d8-f0bff0555a86