Windows 10: My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep

Discus and support My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have updated my monitor and network adaptorsI have updated my motherboard bios, my windows update latest version as of Tuesday, my drivers, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MR{}, May 1, 2021.

1. MR{} Win User

My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep

I have updated my monitor and network adaptorsI have updated my motherboard bios, my windows update latest version as of Tuesday, my drivers, my undergarmentsI have turned off Wake On Lan magic bullet on the network adaptorI have turned off allow waketimersI have turned off hybrid sleepI have turned off fast bootI have turned off every single thing the internets tell me to turn offI have tried and tried, and invested hours and hours of futile testingI have done everything humanly possible to make my computer go to sleep when the setting for sleep and turn off are reachedBUT BUT BUT the scree

:)

MR{}, May 1, 2021
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, May 1, 2021
  3. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, May 1, 2021
  4. My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, May 1, 2021
Thema:

My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep

1. My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep - Similar Threads - computer sleep supposed

2. Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to: I have an Asus Vivo Book with windows 11 Home and Radeon Graphics. Recently, the screen has started turning black and then returns to the lock screen. I have the sleep set to never and the screen off set to never. I haven't found a fix that works....
  3. Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to: I have an Asus Vivo Book with windows 11 Home and Radeon Graphics. Recently, the screen has started turning black and then returns to the lock screen. I have the sleep set to never and the screen off set to never. I haven't found a fix that works....
  4. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  5. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  6. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep": I have a new laptop computer and I have set the sleep option to "Never" when plugged into power. However, it appears to ignore this setting and sleeps anyway. It is a problem because it prevents my printer from working with other computers that share printing.Note that I have...
  8. Shutting Down when supposed to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutting Down when supposed to sleep: For the past 3 weeks, I close my computer and it shuts down when I want it to sleep. I am not telling it to do this, it does this automatically. I thought a recent update would fix it, but the problem has not been resolved. What steps should I take?...
  9. Found computer sitting on login screen(was supposed to be sleeping)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Found computer sitting on login screen(was supposed to be sleeping): https://i.imgur.com/mySfr5J.jpg Found my computer just sitting on this login screen. It was asleep for hours. I guess it woke back up. But why is it just sitting there. I left it alone for 30 minutes to see if it would go back asleep. It didn't. Not even a screensaver. What...
  10. Laptop sleeps when it's not supposed too.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop sleeps when it's not supposed too.: My laptop is set to never go to sleep, but over the last few days, that's what it's been doing. At least when I close the lid. In which case, it's set to do nothing. I had this problem a month or two ago, but I found a suggestion that told me to make it never go to sleep for...