Windows 10: My computer WIndow 11 lagging after select the file properties tick hidden and choose apply...

Discus and support My computer WIndow 11 lagging after select the file properties tick hidden and choose apply... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Team,i was trying to make my hidden file visibility in my User folder in Window 11, so i try to right click and choose the file properties, tick the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrianTung, Dec 7, 2021.

1. BrianTung Win User

My computer WIndow 11 lagging after select the file properties tick hidden and choose apply...

Hi Team,i was trying to make my hidden file visibility in my User folder in Window 11, so i try to right click and choose the file properties, tick the hidden and apply, and select apply to all folder and subfolder selection. After that some of my application could not work or open properly. or delay opening in my GUI it seems stuck for very long after that only run the program.i have this similar case refer to the below link:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-acting-all-slow-and-weird-after-hiding/b3604579-ef2b-4a9d-be36-e4f17ff2ceb1i try follow the above link and

:)

BrianTung, Dec 7, 2021

2. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 7, 2021
  3. hidden files are not showing

Hey Orko! My first suggestion would be a restart. This may fix the issue.

If it doesn't then try this:

Click on the Windows icon in the lower left corner and type folder.

• Select Show hidden files and folders from the search results.

• In the Advanced settings column, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, then click Apply.

You might also want to go into the options where hidden files option is located and turn off "hide protected system files" as this might be ticked and not letting you see some options.

I also suggest running a malwarebytes and windows defender scan on your PC.

Zackary Vanosdol, Dec 7, 2021
  4. My computer WIndow 11 lagging after select the file properties tick hidden and choose apply...

External HardDrive Problem (please help My computer WIndow 11 lagging after select the file properties tick hidden and choose apply... :( )

Try this:

1) Insert your flash/external drive into the USB port.

2) When you see the AutoPlay dialog box, click Cancel.

3) Open My Computer, right-click your flash drive icon, and select Properties.

4)In the Properties dialog box, select the AutoPlay tab.

5) Perform the following steps for each item in the Content Type drop-down list:
    > Select an item in the Content Type drop-down list.
    > Choose Select An Action To Perform in the Actions panel.
    > Select the Open Folder To View Files In Windows Explorer action.
    > Click the Apply button.
    > Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.

Now use the Safely Remove Hardware feature to remove your flash drive — wait a moment and plug it back in. You’ll see the AutoPlay progress appear momentarily, and then you should see Windows Explorer open to show the contents of the flash drive.

thoughtdisorder, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

My computer WIndow 11 lagging after select the file properties tick hidden and choose apply...

1. My computer WIndow 11 lagging after select the file properties tick hidden and choose apply... - Similar Threads - computer WIndow lagging

2. Tick mark files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tick mark files: All the folders and files in documents are added to desktop they contain tick mark.how remove them from desktop without deleting them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tick-mark-files/ff1acae7-55b6-495b-b2e5-081eed3e3874
  3. Tick mark files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tick mark files: All the folders and files in documents are added to desktop they contain tick mark.how remove them from desktop without deleting them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tick-mark-files/ff1acae7-55b6-495b-b2e5-081eed3e3874
  4. Microsoft Windows 11 Explorer File Selection/Lag Issues Please Help :>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows 11 Explorer File Selection/Lag Issues Please Help :>: EditionWindows 11 ProVersion21H2OS Build22000.376Updates Done on the System--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MY ISSUEI recently installed windows 11 pro on my pc and updated...
  5. Microsoft Windows 11 Explorer File Selection/Lag Issues Please Help :>

Microsoft Windows 11 Explorer File Selection/Lag Issues Please Help :>: EditionWindows 11 ProVersion21H2OS Build22000.376Updates Done on the System--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MY ISSUEI recently installed windows 11 pro on my pc and updated...
  6. My computer WIndow 11 lagging after select the file properties tick hidden and choose apply...

My computer WIndow 11 lagging after select the file properties tick hidden and choose apply...: Hi Team,i was trying to make my hidden file visibility in my User folder in Window 11, so i try to right click and choose the file properties, tick the hidden and apply, and select apply to all folder and subfolder selection. After that some of my application could not work...
  7. Facing Lag In File Explorer While Selecting Files Using Mouse Pointer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing Lag In File Explorer While Selecting Files Using Mouse Pointer Windows 11: Hello everyone, I recently installed Win 11 facing lags on File Explorer. Facing it while selecting files using dragging the mouse. Here's the unlisted video link YouTube of my issue: https://youtu.be/sBjtxf-5m_gPlease spend a moment to take a look at the video and help....
  8. Facing Lag In File Explorer While Selecting Files Using Mouse Pointer Windows 11

Facing Lag In File Explorer While Selecting Files Using Mouse Pointer Windows 11: Hello everyone, I recently installed Win 11 facing lags on File Explorer. Facing it while selecting files using dragging the mouse. Here's the unlisted video link YouTube of my issue: https://youtu.be/sBjtxf-5m_gPlease spend a moment to take a look at the video and help....
  9. windows file manager tick box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows file manager tick box: Hello, I have a lot of photos and videos on my machine. When I look at something I want to tick a box so I know I have looked at it recently. So ticking box logs the time and date of the tick as well. Gary...
  10. Windows 10 selecting multiple files lagging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 selecting multiple files lagging: I'm having an issue with Windows 10. Nothing new there, this time it's an old issue that's plaguing me again. Unlisted Video Here: https://youtu.be/YKd0_h4KRis 3 months ago I had this issue and it fixed itself somehow by copying a file from a USB drive to the desktop....