Windows 10: my computer windows 10 pro went to sleep and now will not restart

Discus and support my computer windows 10 pro went to sleep and now will not restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my tablet Lenovo yoga book went into sleep mode and now will not restart. I have tried a hard shutdown but it will not restart now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by clwydclwyd, Mar 12, 2020.

1. my computer windows 10 pro went to sleep and now will not restart

my tablet Lenovo yoga book went into sleep mode and now will not restart. I have tried a hard shutdown but it will not restart now.

:)

clwydclwyd, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 stop automatic restart

Hi Hemanth,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Does the computer restarts only when you wake the system from sleep mode?

• While the computer restarts, do you see that the updates are getting installed on the restart screen?
    Until you reply to us with the required information, you may follow the below suggestions.

If the computer is restarting only while you wake it up from the sleep mode, follow the below steps and check if the computer is getting restarted even after scheduling the computer to restart at the particular time.

Step 1:

You may try to turn the sleep and display to never and check to isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings.

• Change the Turn off the display and
      Put the computer to sleep to Never
    If the issue still persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

Turn off the hybrid sleep and check if it helps. (If it is turned on already in power settings)

• Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings.

• Click on Advanced Power settings.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable. (Enter administrator credentials if prompted)

• Find the Sleep and double click on it.

• Double click on Allow hybrid sleep and turn the settings to
      OFF.

• Click on Apply and close the Power options window.
    If the issue still persists, follow the below step.

Step 3:

Create the new power plan and check if it helps.

• Click on Create a power plan on the left navigation pane.

• Enter your new power plan name in the Plan name text box and click on
      Next.

• Follow the below instructions and check if it helps.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 12, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

my computer windows 10 pro went to sleep and now will not restart

After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

my computer windows 10 pro went to sleep and now will not restart

1. my computer windows 10 pro went to sleep and now will not restart - Similar Threads - computer pro went

2. Computer restarts after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarts after sleep: whenever I put my pc to sleep after a few minutes it just restarts. I read other posts related to this. So I have tried:powercfg/lastwake shows nothingclean boot didn't helpPlease help me out...
  3. Computer restarts after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarts after sleep: whenever I put my pc to sleep after a few minutes it just restarts. I read other posts related to this. So I have tried:powercfg/lastwake shows nothingclean boot didn't helpPlease help me out...
  4. Computer went to Windows 10 Pro without me ever installing it, my windows is now not...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer went to Windows 10 Pro without me ever installing it, my windows is now not...: I have a problem with my pc. A couple days before when I started my pc there was an error with my PIN saying that I wasnt logged in, even though this never happened to me I didn't suspect anything from it. The next day it had happened again, still found it strange but still...
  5. Computer went to Windows 10 Pro without me ever installing it, my windows is now not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer went to Windows 10 Pro without me ever installing it, my windows is now not...: I have a problem with my pc. A couple days before when I started my pc there was an error with my PIN saying that I wasnt logged in, even though this never happened to me I didn't suspect anything from it. The next day it had happened again, still found it strange but still...
  6. Computer went to Windows 10 Pro without me ever installing it, my windows is now not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer Randomly went to sleep while away

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Randomly went to sleep while away: Hey, a few days ago I came back to my computer after being away for a couple of hours and noticed that I had to log back in after I moved my mouse. I'm fairly certain that I did not put the computer to sleep and I have everything that automatically puts it to sleep turned...
  8. Went to bed and now my computer is losing it's mind

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Went to bed and now my computer is losing it's mind: I can only assume this is from a recent security update, KB2267602 (the most recent one I can see, being from 6am 12/1. But I'm having mostly bad image error issues out of nowhere after my computer randomly updated throughout the night. I'm not able to visibly uninstall it,...
  9. windows 10 updating and power went off. now computer won't restart. help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 updating and power went off. now computer won't restart. help: windows 10 updating and power went off. now computer won't restart. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updating-and-power-went-off-now/9bd899f4-3d99-4be3-aa9a-eca9010f4957
  10. Windows 10 Went into sleep mode and now everthing is zoomed in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Went into sleep mode and now everthing is zoomed in: Windows went into sleep mode for maybe 2 seconds before I clicked to wake it back up. When I did the youtube video started back up but only in audio and the whole page froze and dragged with the scroller. When I exited I had noticed that even the toolbar was zoomed in on and...