Windows 10: My computer Windows 10 puts me in a temporary account every time I try to log in

Discus and support My computer Windows 10 puts me in a temporary account every time I try to log in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; the computer i'm using has multiple accounts, and mine isn't the administrator. when I try to log in, it says preparing windows. then it puts me into a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MarcusAuman, Jun 8, 2021.

1. My computer Windows 10 puts me in a temporary account every time I try to log in

the computer i'm using has multiple accounts, and mine isn't the administrator. when I try to log in, it says preparing windows. then it puts me into a temporary account. I have tried to restart multiple times, and on safe mode. I followed a guide the last step apparently requires a different version. could you help get the account back up?

:)

MarcusAuman, Jun 8, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown My computer Windows 10 puts me in a temporary account every time I try to log in :(

Zakin, Jun 8, 2021
  3. temporary account

I was logged into a temporary account quite a while ago and I was able to get out of it but I was presently logged back in so I followed all of the steps I was given and got out of it again and this time I made sure
    that everything was updated (google, windows etc.) but I've been put back into it for a third time now and I would like to know what's going on and why I'm being logged back into a temporary account.

gethinmorgan, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

My computer Windows 10 puts me in a temporary account every time I try to log in

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

My computer Windows 10 puts me in a temporary account every time I try to log in

1. My computer Windows 10 puts me in a temporary account every time I try to log in - Similar Threads - computer puts temporary

2. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts: hi today my little brothers computer decided to log in a temporary account, and a pop u appeared saying if I sign out and sign back in it will be fixed, ive tried that about a dozen times, i already tried a method listed here...
  3. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts: hi today my little brothers computer decided to log in a temporary account, and a pop u appeared saying if I sign out and sign back in it will be fixed, ive tried that about a dozen times, i already tried a method listed here...
  4. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Every time I try to log into my account after putting in the code my computer resets but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I try to log into my account after putting in the code my computer resets but...: So it's like when I try to log into my account afterwards it depends but then it starts resetting but on any other account it doesn't reset at all and nothing happens but or also lose every single one of my files because this is the only account I made and I don't have any...
  6. Every time I try to log into my account after putting in the code my computer resets but...

Every time I try to log into my account after putting in the code my computer resets but...: So it's like when I try to log into my account afterwards it depends but then it starts resetting but on any other account it doesn't reset at all and nothing happens but or also lose every single one of my files because this is the only account I made and I don't have any...
  7. Why windows always tries to log me in in temporary account on which i cannot log in when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows always tries to log me in in temporary account on which i cannot log in when i...: Hello everyone, so my problem started once i changed my username of my computer which has Windows 10 installed, so basically what happened is that it created me a secondary user account and whenever i restart or open pc from a shut down state, it always tries to log me in to...
  8. Why windows always tries to log me in in temporary account on which i cannot log in when i...

Why windows always tries to log me in in temporary account on which i cannot log in when i...: Hello everyone, so my problem started once i changed my username of my computer which has Windows 10 installed, so basically what happened is that it created me a secondary user account and whenever i restart or open pc from a shut down state, it always tries to log me in to...
  9. Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help, My computer keeps logging me into temporary accounts: When I started my computer today morning, I was signed into a temporary account as it was apparently not able to sign me in. I have got a prompt telling me if I sign out and sign back in it will be fixed. But after multiple restarts the problem persists. I have also gotten a...
  10. my PC creates a new temporary user every time I log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my PC creates a new temporary user every time I log in: hey, for some reason, every time I log into my user in my PC, a new temporary user is created. i cant think of anything that triggered it. [ATTACH] so my questions are: 1) does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? [yes, i tried restarting] 2) is there a...