Windows 10: My computer windows 10 wont recognize midi keyboards.

Discus and support My computer windows 10 wont recognize midi keyboards. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my computer is not recognizing my midi keyboard ' i have a minilabmkii ' arturia and my computer iss an hp intelcore i7 11th gen ' 32 GB ram '... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by esteban josedavila, Jan 17, 2021.

1. My computer windows 10 wont recognize midi keyboards.

Hi,

my computer is not recognizing my midi keyboard ' i have a minilabmkii ' arturia and my computer iss an hp intelcore i7 11th gen ' 32 GB ram ' when i plug in my midi controller the computer recognizes it but it won´t send a signal to any of the applications.

i have downloaded every driver needed

:)

esteban josedavila, Jan 17, 2021
  2. billybs Win User

Midi keyboard not recognized

Hello,

Since i have a windows 10 pc my midi keyboard (Behringer umx490) stopped working. When i plug in the usb windows says USB device not recognized. I've unistalled the device and searched for drivers but nothing seems to work. The keyboard is supposed to be
    a plug and play device and on windows 7 i never had a problem with it.

I would really appreciate any help.

billybs, Jan 17, 2021
  3. pat_m_o Win User
    midi keyboard midiplus i61 not sending midi info to any program. windows 10

I recently bought a midi keyboard to get back into piano. The problem is that even though the keyboard is recognized by my computer as i61, as a usb audio device, it won't send any midi input into any midi program I have tried (Anvil studio, midi editor,
    midi piano and simple piano). One program (anvil studio) says that it is getting an unknown error from my keyboard (very useful /s). The keyboard works on other computers (Mac w/ garageband and HP windows 8.1 w/ simple piano) but I've had no luck on mine.
    I'm using an inspiron 13 5378 with windows 10.

pat_m_o, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Nick_637 Win User

My computer windows 10 wont recognize midi keyboards.

Windows 10 not recognizing class-compliant MIDI Keyboard Controller

TL;DR: can I force Windows to use a MIDI driver when it mis-recognizes a device?

Basically, Windows will see the device, think it is a Generic USB Audio device instead of a MIDI controller, and installs the wrong drivers (without errors). the result is that I cannot use the device as a MIDI controller, which is, well, pointless.

Specifically, I'm using an Alesis V61 MIDI Controller: Alesis V61

It worked last summer, around July, but I've updated Windows since then. When I plugged it in via USB, it told me that it was "Setting up the device," but it ended up classifying it as a "Generic USB Audio Device" which is
    wrong. In the device manager, it is listed under "Sound, Video, and game controllers."

I know the keyboard still can communicate, as I used an Alesis program to test it. However, since Windows does not recognize it as a MIDI device, it cannot be used for MIDI applications (an easy one to test is at multiplayerpiano.com).

Here, Alesis claims that the V series controllers they make (including the V61) are
    MIDI class compliant, and thus
    have no manufacturer drivers
    . Instead, they use generic, Microsoft-provided midi ones.

Naturally, the troubleshooters cannot identify the problem (most have nothing to do with hardware and devices other than keyboards, mice, and wireless things anyways), and the "Add a device" option seems only to work with wireless devices,
    which this is not.

I have also tried restarting my laptop, unplugging the device and uninstalling it using the device manager, and searching the internet for answers. Many sites pointed to having 10 MIDI devices, but I only have this one. I have found some dead-end threads
    and many that point to specific manufacturer drivers, which obviously don't apply here.

I'm using Windows Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Thanks for your help!

Nick_637, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

My computer windows 10 wont recognize midi keyboards.

1. My computer windows 10 wont recognize midi keyboards. - Similar Threads - computer wont recognize

2. I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer...: I don't see any indication that my comp. has recognized the keyboard, nor are either green light on the cable lit up.What should I do next to install the keyboard, and is there a good free studio program?...
  3. I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Casio WK3000 keyboard and MIDI in/out to USB cable....Not recognized in computer...: I don't see any indication that my comp. has recognized the keyboard, nor are either green light on the cable lit up.What should I do next to install the keyboard, and is there a good free studio program?...
  4. MIDI Keyboard recognized, but input is not going through.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIDI Keyboard recognized, but input is not going through.: I have a midi-usb cable. MIDI is plugged in and out of the keyboard, and into the computer. My laptop recognizes the keyboard, but does not have any input when I play. Everything is on. I use cakewalk by bandlab, and my laptop is relatively new. Of course, inputs are checked...
  5. MIDI Keyboard recognized, but input is not going through.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIDI Keyboard recognized, but input is not going through.: I have a midi-usb cable. MIDI is plugged in and out of the keyboard, and into the computer. My laptop recognizes the keyboard, but does not have any input when I play. Everything is on. I use cakewalk by bandlab, and my laptop is relatively new. Of course, inputs are checked...
  6. Midi keyboard causes computer to freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Midi keyboard causes computer to freeze: Hi all, I just recently upgraded my pc and it was working great. I work on music as a hobby, and after plugging in my Midi keyboard to my computer and playing a few notes, the computer started stuttering/freezing. I unplugged the keyboard, but the stuttering and freezing is...
  7. Windows 10 not recognizing class-compliant MIDI Keyboard Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not recognizing class-compliant MIDI Keyboard Controller: TL;DR: can I force Windows to use a MIDI driver when it mis-recognizes a device? Basically, Windows will see the device, think it is a Generic USB Audio device instead of a MIDI controller, and installs the wrong drivers without errors. the result is that I cannot use the...
  8. MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time

MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time: I have an Alesis VI49 MIDI keyboard connected via USB. It has suddenly stopped being recognized by Windows and prompts a Code 43 error in the device manager. Very rarely, I can get it to work, by simply uninstalling it via Device Manage then scanning for hardware changes. I...
  9. Windows 10 is Not Recognizing my Midi Interface

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is Not Recognizing my Midi Interface: I am using a Yamaha P-35 keyboard and a Tascam US-122L Audio/Midi interface. All of the audio I/O's are functional but Windows 10 will not recognize the midi input. The Tascam has its own ASIO driver but, I have since installed ASIO4ALL_2_14. Still I have no MIDI. I also...
  10. MIDI Keyboards and Windows 10

MIDI Keyboards and Windows 10: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga 920. Disclaimer: I am no computer Guru, but I can read and follow instructions, so here's the story: I've recently gotten more into composing and making music, and decided to purchase a MIDI keyboard. The keyboard I got is a...