Windows 10: My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone.

Discus and support My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, hope you were having a good day so far. I'm hear to ask how to fix this problem i seem to have with my computer. Last Friday i started on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Danielle5 S, Apr 21, 2022.

1. My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone.

Hello, hope you were having a good day so far. I'm hear to ask how to fix this problem i seem to have with my computer. Last Friday i started on my homework I'm in high school and I noticed all my files and everything was gone. It was like it was when i first opened the computer when i first bought it years ago. I couldn't figure out a way to fix it or bring the files back so i accepted that and moved on after i tried turning it on and off a lot and looking some more. Fortunately most of the stuff i did i on this was done through websites so it was saved through there but everything that was

:)

Danielle5 S, Apr 21, 2022
  2. DMatch Win User

Forced update wiped my computer.

I just booted up and found that Microsoft did a forced update that wiped my computer clean. It is now like an out of the box brand new computer save for virus software, quicken, and turbo tax. No pictures, no files, my business is gone, no favorites. Nothing.
    Any suggestions? I am out of business.

DMatch, Apr 21, 2022
  3. Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Apr 21, 2022
  4. SoDiMm Win User

My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone.

Professional cleaning: what's involved?

Brought over from other thread you started.

DBAN may not like your hardware if it won’t boot. I was going to suggest the below as it would be the preferable method but for some reason, I thought it would be more complicated for you.

My brain doesn’t work right sometimesMy computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone. :)

SoDiMm, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone.

1. My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone. - Similar Threads - computer wiped clean

2. computer wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer wiped all my files: Hi,I'm here to ask a serious problem. I got a computer which is 4 years old now, its a bit laggy but still performing well. Earlier I'm using it to do my homework but it hang up, so I restarted it. After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting...
  3. computer wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer wiped all my files: Hi,I'm here to ask a serious problem. I got a computer which is 4 years old now, its a bit laggy but still performing well. Earlier I'm using it to do my homework but it hang up, so I restarted it. After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting...
  4. computer wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone.

My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone.: Hello, hope you were having a good day so far. I'm hear to ask how to fix this problem i seem to have with my computer. Last Friday i started on my homework I'm in high school and I noticed all my files and everything was gone. It was like it was when i first opened the...
  6. My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone.: Hello, hope you were having a good day so far. I'm hear to ask how to fix this problem i seem to have with my computer. Last Friday i started on my homework I'm in high school and I noticed all my files and everything was gone. It was like it was when i first opened the...
  7. Wipe My Computer Clean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wipe My Computer Clean: Currently, I am preparing my computer to return to an employer. We were allowed to use it for personal use however some word documents that were for personal use were placed on the desktop. I've since cut those personal docs from the desktop and pasted to my thumb drive. My...
  8. Wipe My Computer Clean

Wipe My Computer Clean: Currently, I am preparing my computer to return to an employer. We were allowed to use it for personal use however some word documents that were for personal use were placed on the desktop. I've since cut those personal docs from the desktop and pasted to my thumb drive. My...
  9. All files gone - windows update overnight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All files gone - windows update overnight: Woke up this morning to find all our laptops had been updated by windows overnight, and all our files were gone?!?! After a heartstopping moment, and some intense searching, I've found them all under C:/users, but they are still not showing up under My Documents, My...
  10. All my files are gone and windows have reinstalled from overnight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All my files are gone and windows have reinstalled from overnight: I had my windows full of documents and photos then i went to sleep 10april 2020 now then i woke up 11 april 2020 i put laptop on. i saw all my photos and documents are gone all internet explorers and apps i had installed are gone by over nogth . I know i didnt do anything ....