Windows 10: My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights

Discus and support My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello dear all.Our computer has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights. I mean, all are administrator and all are within the local... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Newman Viloria, Jan 14, 2022.

1. My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights

Hello dear all.Our computer has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights. I mean, all are administrator and all are within the local administrators group, but in practice, none acts as admin.We have tried a few suggestions from different forums, but nothing seems to fix it. Some suggestions need to execute command prompt CMD with admin rights, which we don't have even when all the accounts appear as admin.We need either of this:1 Promote one of the already admin accounts to admin.or2 Create a new admin account that really works as admin.This started after upgrading from Windows

:)

Newman Viloria, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jan 14, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Vista: How to give FULL admin rights to other accounts???

I'm not sitting at my Vista machine right now, but I think it has something do with going into Computer Management, I think you need to add your user account to a group. Perhaps add your user account to the same groups that the built-in Administrator account is in.

That doesn't work in Vista. When you set an account as an admin account, it is really like setting it as a Power User in XP. It still bugs the crap out of you every time you try to do something that requires admin rights.

newtekie1, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Zakin Win User

My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights :(

Zakin, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights

1. My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights - Similar Threads - computer has administrator

2. I need to make an account into an administrator, but my computer has no administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to make an account into an administrator, but my computer has no administrator...: My computer only has one account and it's connected to my Microsoft account, but it's considered a "Guest Account" even though it should have all admin permissions and own the computer. Is it possible to make it into an administrator account?...
  3. I need to make an account into an administrator, but my computer has no administrator...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to make an account into an administrator, but my computer has no administrator...: My computer only has one account and it's connected to my Microsoft account, but it's considered a "Guest Account" even though it should have all admin permissions and own the computer. Is it possible to make it into an administrator account?...
  4. I need to make an account into an administrator, but my computer has no administrator...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My Account Administration has gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Account Administration has gone: Hello!, My account had administration capability on my pc ,but when i logged into it today my privilege's have gone. I have seen a thread from 2015 ,and i still cannot find the solution.I have tried using the Control panel and doing it from there ,but it has not worked.I have...
  6. My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights: Hello dear all.Our computer has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights. I mean, all are administrator and all are within the local administrators group, but in practice, none acts as admin.We have tried a few suggestions from different forums, but nothing seems to...
  7. My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights: Hello dear all.Our computer has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights. I mean, all are administrator and all are within the local administrators group, but in practice, none acts as admin.We have tried a few suggestions from different forums, but nothing seems to...
  8. unable to open windows programs as administrator--user has admin rights

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to open windows programs as administrator--user has admin rights: start menu does not work, run as admin does not work, services does not work. logged in as administrator in admin group. when asked this question in google "run as administrator" not working, most say go to cmd and run as admin lmao i guess they didn't understand the...
  9. Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights: This is a computer fresh out of the box. I am logged in as the local administrator. When I try go to personilize, then themes, then click on Desktop icon settings a pop up states that it can't access that folder because I dont have administrator rights. ummm I am the...
  10. Lost administration rights on admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost administration rights on admin account: I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command...