Windows 10: my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator

Discus and support my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator. I have an HP rp5700 with windows 10 and everything was working fine until I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LesWix, Mar 2, 2019.

1. LesWix Win User

my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator

my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator. I have an HP rp5700 with windows 10 and everything was working fine until I tried to add a new tax program last week and I get a prompt with the message that I needed to enter an admin user name and password but I'm the admin and there's nowhere to enter the password in the prompt box just a box with no in it. It's very frustrating to be locked out of your own computer.
    Can you help me with this problem?

:)

LesWix, Mar 2, 2019

2. Windows not recognizing ssd

Windows won't see the drive until it has been partitioned and formatted. Go into "Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management" and see if it's listed in the middle pane.

Static~Charge, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2019
  4. my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator

Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator

1. my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator - Similar Threads - computer recognizing administrator

2. Windows won't recognize me as Administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows won't recognize me as Administrator: Hello,I have checked in my profile settings that I am indeed an Administrator on my PC, as well as I even made a new Administrator account, but I get an error that states "you don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the Administrator to obtain Permission....
  3. Windows won't recognize me as Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize me as Administrator: Hello,I have checked in my profile settings that I am indeed an Administrator on my PC, as well as I even made a new Administrator account, but I get an error that states "you don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the Administrator to obtain Permission....
  4. Windows won't recognize me as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop: Hi, I am the only account holder with administrator privilege. However it does not allow me to delete a college email that is listed as work email. How do I solve the problem of my account not being recognized as having administrator privilege?Thanks in anticipation...
  6. Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop: Hi, I am the only account holder with administrator privilege. However it does not allow me to delete a college email that is listed as work email. How do I solve the problem of my account not being recognized as having administrator privilege?Thanks in anticipation...
  7. Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My computer doesn't recognize me as the administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer doesn't recognize me as the administrator: I am trying to delete a folder but when I do it says "you need permission to preform this action" and "you require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder". I don't understand because this is my computer, is there anything I can do to fix this so I can...
  9. Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize me as Administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize me as Administrator?: I recently restarted my PC and it loaded up the repair diagnostic screen for whatever reason, but after about 30 minutes my PC finally started. I noticed the sound icon was off with the message "The audio service is not running", in addition to me not being able to open my...
  10. Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator: I only have one account. When I check my account status it shows Administrator. Yet when I try to do certain functions Windows tells me I need to be an Administrator to do that function. Like tonight. I tried to save a bat file to my root directory and Windows won't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 not recognizing me as administrator

2. my computer isnt recognizing me as the administrator

3. i am not recognized as administrator

4. outlook does not recognize administrator,
  5. windows 10 not recognizing administrator