Windows 10: My Computer with Windows 10 was destroyed in a house fire. It's still in my device list in...

Discus and support My Computer with Windows 10 was destroyed in a house fire. It's still in my device list in... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Computer with Windows 10 was destroyed in a house fire. It's still in my device list in my account. Can I still use that license? What happens if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Familyjuice, Mar 14, 2023.

1. My Computer with Windows 10 was destroyed in a house fire. It's still in my device list in...

My Computer with Windows 10 was destroyed in a house fire. It's still in my device list in my account. Can I still use that license? What happens if I unlink it from my account?

:)

Familyjuice, Mar 14, 2023
  2. Jessen P Win User

Windows 10 and Fire Stick Miracast issue

Hi Matthew,

I appreciate the efforts which you took to get the issue resolved.

Since you are not able to find the fire stick, I would request you to execute the hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Please revert if the fires tick still does not get recognized.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Mar 14, 2023
  3. LemP Win User
    Connecting my Fire device to Windows 7

I assume that you believe that there are files to view on the device. What sort of files are they?

What sort of device is it (make and specific model)?

Have you ever been able to successfully view files on this device when connected to this computer?

Please do the following:

1. Turn the power off on both your computer and the Fire device; the Fire device should not be connected to the computer at this point.

2. Power up both devices.

3. Connect the Fire device to the computer.

4. Unlock the Fire device

• Did the computer make a "connect" sound?
    • Did the Fire device screen display a message or other indication that it was connected to the computer?
    • Did an AutoPlay window open on the computer? If so, which option did you select?
    • If you click Start and then click Computer, is your Fire device shown?
    • If you go to Devices and Printers, is your Fire device shown?
    • When you open Device Manager, in what category is your Fire device? When you double-click on it, what is shown as its "Device Status"?

4. Ahhzz Win User

My Computer with Windows 10 was destroyed in a house fire. It's still in my device list in...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 14, 2023
Thema:

My Computer with Windows 10 was destroyed in a house fire. It's still in my device list in...

1. My Computer with Windows 10 was destroyed in a house fire. It's still in my device list in... - Similar Threads - Computer was destroyed

2. Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer: Computer fan runs continuously with no programs open. Zoom lags so badly it’s completely unusable and my entire livelihood revolves around zoom. I can’t downgrade because they put a stupid 10-day limit on reverting for some asinine reason. Microsoft, y’all truly hate your...
  3. Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer: Computer fan runs continuously with no programs open. Zoom lags so badly it’s completely unusable and my entire livelihood revolves around zoom. I can’t downgrade because they put a stupid 10-day limit on reverting for some asinine reason. Microsoft, y’all truly hate your...
  4. Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Destroyed my computer: Hello,I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but...
  5. Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Destroyed my computer: Hello,I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but...
  6. Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update destroyed my computer: I am honestly in a lose of words. I have owned a Apple computer since I was 6 years old. I had to switch to a PC for school. I can not describe the the issues with Windows 10. I mean a company like this still can not get it together is sad. The solution...hey just delete...
  7. Is windows update destroying my computer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is windows update destroying my computer ?: Okay recently i've installed the new windows update Just after rebooting it started being very slow and crashing very easily. It happened to me before when I get from windows 8 to 10 but it wasn't that bad like blue screen of death once a month. And 3 day after installing it...
  8. Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer: After not updating for a long time- continuously turning off automatic updates, etc- my computer woke itself up from sleep mode and forced an update out of the blue. After this update, my computer can't stay on for more than 5 minutes without getting the blue screen saying...
  9. My Device List

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Device List: My laptop shows up twice under devices and not sure which one to delete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-device-list/0ac7964c-ea15-4fa2-9899-dc5e57e857fa
  10. windows has destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows has destroyed my computer: I downloaded my free upgrade and now my computer is stuck in a loop - blue screen/black screen. Tech support was useless. Why is Windows allowed to put out a product that does not work and we have to pay to repair? It would be so nice if someone started a class-action lawsuit...