Windows 10: My computer won't boot up with the USB stick

Discus and support My computer won't boot up with the USB stick in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently installed new Installation media on my 16 GB Usb stick so I can upgrade my 32-bit OS pc to 64-bit OS. Note that I am using the same pc i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kevin Kabbany, Dec 23, 2018.

1. My computer won't boot up with the USB stick

I recently installed new Installation media on my 16 GB Usb stick so I can upgrade my 32-bit OS pc to 64-bit OS. Note that I am using the same pc i installed the installation media on.

When the download finished etc etc, I shut down my pc and entered the BIOS Settings using the F2 key. I went into the boot menu, selected my USB stick, presses enter and then saved and exited.

My PC did NOT boot up with the USB stick and now I can't enter BIOS settings anymore! Help! I really need to upgrade my pc to 64-bit!

Another note: My PC is using a 32-bit windows 10 with a 64-bit processor.

:)

Kevin Kabbany, Dec 23, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 23, 2018
  3. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Dec 23, 2018
  4. scraff Win User

My computer won't boot up with the USB stick

My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

My computer won't boot up with the USB stick

1. My computer won't boot up with the USB stick - Similar Threads - computer won't boot

2. My computer won't boot up at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't boot up at all.: My computer gets stuck on a black screen with a white line in the top left when trying to start it up. I have tried using different graphics cards. I also tried the integrated graphics card which gives me just a black screen. I've tried using a usb with the Windows 10...
  3. Windows 7 won't boot up from USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 won't boot up from USB stick: Hello!I have a gifted 2009 Asus laptop running Windows 7. What's the matter with it? Well it won't boot up from my USB stick with a fresh ISO copy of Windows 10. If I boot it from it's hard disk it saysWith a blinking cursor under it.If I try to boot it from the stick it...
  4. Windows 7 won't boot up from USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 won't boot up from USB stick: Hello!I have a gifted 2009 Asus laptop running Windows 7. What's the matter with it? Well it won't boot up from my USB stick with a fresh ISO copy of Windows 10. If I boot it from it's hard disk it saysWith a blinking cursor under it.If I try to boot it from the stick it...
  5. Making a USB Boot Stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making a USB Boot Stick: I keep getting Error 0x8004255A-oxA001B. Three times, on different USB sticks. Please Advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-usb-boot-stick/ddd8a4e8-1408-4446-bb1e-b5837d145275
  6. Computer won't boot up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer won't boot up.: Friends computer was hacked, He had bank seal his accounts, no harm, hacker did something and computer will not boot up, Two technicians have not been able to fix it. Do any of those Thumb Drive repairs advertised on the internet work. They say they go in and remove viruses...
  7. Computer won't boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't boot up: So basically I am stuck on the choose an option screen. When I first start the pc I get a black screen all the way, but then I force shut down by holding the power button, and I get put on the infinite choose an option screen. When I check the bios my SSD and my hard drive...
  8. Computer won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot up: Hallo, I can't boot up anymore my laptop. It shows smart hard disk error. Otherwise if I continue to start my laptop it tries to repair itself. That goes on in a loop or the screen just stays on but nothing happens. I cant get into Bios advanced settings. Or boot the...
  9. usb stick for boot issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick for boot issue: Hi, I want to build an usb stick for boot, to install Windows 10 Pro on an Acer 515-55 laptop. I purchased an electronic license, so I have to build my own stick. Bios needs FAT32 format stick, and ISO file provided by Microsoft on download is like 5 GB [it has...
  10. boot from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    boot from USB stick?: Hi All, I just purchased a new windows 10, which came as a USB Flash stick and Im curious if I can use it as an emergency boot USB? in case computer wont boot normally? Thnx! 21792