Windows 10: My computer won’t do a clean windows 10 install.

Discus and support My computer won’t do a clean windows 10 install. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I few days ago I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10. After only having my new pc for a month I started getting blue screens when trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alexthus, Nov 25, 2020.

1. My computer won’t do a clean windows 10 install.

I few days ago I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10. After only having my new pc for a month I started getting blue screens when trying to open game applications or logitech applications. I would blue screen about 5 times in a 3 hour gaming/browsing seesion. So, I download the media creation tool. Run through the process of dumping it onto a fresh USB flashdrive. Stick it into my PC and make sure its the first thing it boots into. Once the installation starts it runs to about 10% or 50% I get this error code 0x8007025d. I’ve tried reformatting the flashdrive to Fat32 as recommended on some articles I read and even fully wiped my M.2 drive. Is there anymore options I have to install windows 10?! Please Help ME ASAP!

I have a AMD Ryzen 3700x, 16gb 3200mhz DDR4 Ram, Asus Rog Strix B450-F Motherboard, Samsung 970 Evo 1TB SSD, and a EVGA 2070 Super FTW Ultra. All about a month and a half old.

submitted by /u/alexthus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alexthus, Nov 25, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 25, 2020
  4. My computer won’t do a clean windows 10 install.

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

My computer won’t do a clean windows 10 install.

1. My computer won’t do a clean windows 10 install. - Similar Threads - computer won’t clean

2. Why won’t my computer install windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t my computer install windows 10?: I had an SSD installed and when reinstalling windows 10, it seemed that it didn't install properly and my laptop became buggy so I took it to the IT department to have it reinstalled. I copied everything I needed to the secondary drive drive D:. The IT guy told me that his...
  3. Why won’t my computer install windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won’t my computer install windows 10?: I had an SSD installed and when reinstalling windows 10, it seemed that it didn't install properly and my laptop became buggy so I took it to the IT department to have it reinstalled. I copied everything I needed to the secondary drive drive D:. The IT guy told me that his...
  4. Why won’t my computer install windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer won’t install Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won’t install Windows Update: My computer says it has a windows update, so I press install and it restarts my computer. Right after it installs the entire thing, it uninstalls it. It’s been doing this for 4 months now and I’m finally tired of it, what do I do?It takes about an hour to update, and another...
  6. After a Clean Install of Windows 10 BITS Won’t Work and Won’t Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a Clean Install of Windows 10 BITS Won’t Work and Won’t Start: I was just wondering if you all had some advice for the Background intelligent transfer service to work I have tried everything using command prompt and power shell both as Admin.Here is the screenshots....
  7. After a Clean Install of Windows 10 BITS Won’t Work and Won’t Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a Clean Install of Windows 10 BITS Won’t Work and Won’t Start: I was just wondering if you all had some advice for the Background intelligent transfer service to work I have tried everything using command prompt and power shell both as Admin.Here is the screenshots....
  8. After a Clean Install of Windows 10 BITS Won’t Work and Won’t Start

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Doing a clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doing a clean install of Windows 10: I am doing a clean install of Windows 10 at the end of the installation reinstall a second time I was prompted to fix my PC after that it stated your PC cannot be fixed then prompted to turn PC off or go to advanced options what should I do next...
  10. To reset computer or to do a clean install is the quesiton

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    To reset computer or to do a clean install is the quesiton: OK. I have already been chastised for posting twice, though I did not even know I did it. Sorry, this is my level of un-expertise. I have been told now to: reset my computer - which I already did and lost everything and am now being told to do this again. Really? BUT I...