Windows 10: My computer won't recognize my CD ROM after a recent update and restart

Discus and support My computer won't recognize my CD ROM after a recent update and restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer won't recognize my CD ROM after a recent update and restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnBarnett8, May 18, 2019.

1. My computer won't recognize my CD ROM after a recent update and restart

My computer won't recognize my CD ROM after a recent update and restart

:)

JohnBarnett8, May 18, 2019

2. My CD ROM can´t read any CDs or DVDs

I wanted to use my CD ROM after a long time, and then after many attempts with other CDs/DVDs, all I can say is that my CD ROM won´t read anything.

I tried solutions online, like using regedit and search for UpperFilters and LowerFilters, but I don´t have them, but it still won´t read anything. I have Windows 7 Home Premium, can anyone help me?

Catalin Constantin, May 18, 2019
  3. CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, May 18, 2019
  4. My computer won't recognize my CD ROM after a recent update and restart

CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    This might have occurred due to corrupted\outdated DVD\CD-ROM driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.

• Right click on the driver select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 18, 2019
Thema:

My computer won't recognize my CD ROM after a recent update and restart

1. My computer won't recognize my CD ROM after a recent update and restart - Similar Threads - computer won't recognize

2. cd rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  3. CD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Rom: I cannot open any of my word documents since I purchase a new office 365 can you help please. The message is saying there might be something wrong with my CD Rom drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/d4ad6025-8f38-4e94-9fb8-8e23ccacea88
  4. my cd rom doesn't work

my cd rom doesn't work: Dear Sir, My CD ROM doesn't work neither it seen in device manager. How to proceed can you please help me. Laptop specs: Brand : Samsung Model:355V4C/356V4C/3445VC/3545VC Windows 10, 64 bit Regards, Nishit...
  5. backing up my computer to cd rom

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backing up my computer to cd rom: I have been trying to back up my computer to cds since I bought windows 10 on the day it was offered. I still have not been able. When I try to do a backup it tells me I am not the admin for the computer. I have gone into the settings and made it allowed for everyone in...
  6. CD Rom

CD Rom: The D drive (CD Rom) appears in the explorer but I can't have it display the info on the disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/4810c955-de87-4f6c-8106-7ede083218d8
  7. After a recent update, my computer won't start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After a recent update, my computer won't start: When I updated my laptop, it would constantly restart itself. I eventually had to reset my laptop. I was able to keep most of my files, but had to reinstall my programs. While on my desktop, my screen suddenly started bugging out. My YouTube video became very slow and laggy...
  8. My CD/DVD Rom drive won't open.

My CD/DVD Rom drive won't open.: My CD/DVD Rom drive won't open (windows 10) The device manager "properties" shows code 19, driver corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cddvd-rom-drive-wont-open/3fa941fc-56ba-4128-89b5-0c47d253cc9e
  9. Viewing a CD-ROM on my computer

Viewing a CD-ROM on my computer: I have a beginning programming book that came with a CD-ROM. It is supposed to have tools to help someone learn and practice BASIC. I inserted the disk into my DVD/CD-ROM and nothing appeared on my screen. I tried a few solutions online including "disc management" but...
  10. CD/DVD ROM not recognized

CD/DVD ROM not recognized: Hello everyone! Yesterday I inserted a CD to install driver for my new headset. The CD-R open, close normally and I also heard the CD spinning. But not thing happened in my laptop at all. I checked This PC: no CD drive (before upgraded to win 10, I had installed win 8.1 and...