Windows 10: My computer won't recognize my Segate USB drive

Discus and support My computer won't recognize my Segate USB drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; To fix, I have changed USB ports on my Notebook Dell computer still external Seagate drive was not recognized Working in the drive menu, I found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoTru, Jun 5, 2020.

1. RoTru Win User

My computer won't recognize my Segate USB drive

To fix, I have changed USB ports on my Notebook Dell computer still external Seagate drive was not recognized

Working in the drive menu, I found a message that said:

The administrator has changed a policy setting to not recognize external drives.

I cannon find where in Windows to find where such a "administrator Policy" can be changed...

:)

RoTru, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

computer not recognizing usb drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use USB drive on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error when connecting a USB drive?
    • Does this issue occur only with one particular USB or with all the USB drives?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized”
    except for Method 1 and 2.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 5, 2020
  3. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer won't recognize my Segate USB drive - Similar Threads - computer won't recognize

2. my computer willl not recognize my thumb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer willl not recognize my thumb drive: my computer will not find my thumb drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-willl-not-recognize-my-thumb-drive/556d45fc-778e-48f5-82cb-922c09dfc091
  3. My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.: I have error code 38 and have tried all the solutions but none work.Could this be a recent Windows 11 update?Any suggestions appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-port-not-recognizing-my-flash-drives/07908383-905f-4e79-8bdb-66daf5040a0a
  4. My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.: I have error code 38 and have tried all the solutions but none work.Could this be a recent Windows 11 update?Any suggestions appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-port-not-recognizing-my-flash-drives/07908383-905f-4e79-8bdb-66daf5040a0a
  5. My computer won't recognize mutiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer won't recognize mutiple monitors: Hi everyone,I recently built a new computer. I'm writing this post from it. Everything works like a dream, except I can't seem to get Windows 10 Professional to recognize multiple monitors. I think I have confirmed none of my hardware components are a bottleneck such that the...
  6. Make my computer recognize my network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make my computer recognize my network drive: I have two Windows 10 computers on my home network, and one shared network drive. One computer recognizes it, but the other does not. How do I make my computer recognize the drive?...
  7. my computer will not recognize my disc drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer will not recognize my disc drive: why won't my computer recognize my disc drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-recognize-my-disc-drive/f943c5d7-b655-452b-8fa5-8300881aca22
  8. computer not recognizing usb drive

computer not recognizing usb drive: my computer stopped recognizing my usb drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-recognizing-usb-drive/087d0d1a-104a-4f04-81e1-ca3c40e89ca5
  9. My computer don't recognizes my USB Mouse

My computer don't recognizes my USB Mouse: - I been using this mouse for some years now, and it never gave me problems, until the day that my computer froze and i had to use an recovery point to get it back, but now my mouse doesn't work, i tried others mouses and they light up but the pc doesn't show that the device...
  10. Connecting a Segate Back-up + external hard drive USB

Connecting a Segate Back-up + external hard drive USB: when I connect the device to a usb port I get the error "unknown usb device (driver error)" I have tried to resolve the issue in device manager by installing the device and then scanning for hardware changes. This did not work. I checked Segates web site for a driver update...