Windows 10: My computer won't recognize the earphones i plugged in.

Discus and support My computer won't recognize the earphones i plugged in. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer doesn't recognize the earphones I plugged in after removing it, but it does so after restarting the pc while the earphone is plugged, plz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BishwasShrestha, Dec 20, 2020.

1. My computer won't recognize the earphones i plugged in.

My computer doesn't recognize the earphones I plugged in after removing it, but it does so after restarting the pc while the earphone is plugged, plz help me fix it, i have only i earphone agd need to keep removing it from my pc as i play games too, help

:)

BishwasShrestha, Dec 20, 2020

2. Does windows 10 recognize when earphones are plugged in?

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to inform that Windows 10 does recognize and display a prompt when earphones are plugged in. I would like to ask if you are able to listen to sound from the earphone when plugged in.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Earphones

when I plug my earphones into my laptop to listen to anything I can,t hear anything .I have even used other earphones and the same results nothing .How do I get my earphones working again

1. I have windows 8

geraldcassidy1, Dec 20, 2020
  4. My computer won't recognize the earphones i plugged in.

Does windows 10 recognize when earphones are plugged in?

Having a problem/question that others seem to have had: Is Windows 10 supposed to recognize when a set of earphones are plugged into the headphone jack?

Windows 7 recognized when I plugged in headphones, automatically. The previous posts on this were earlier in the year, so I was wondering if the problem still exists. Anyone please help. Thank you.

MikeVrchota, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

My computer won't recognize the earphones i plugged in.

1. My computer won't recognize the earphones i plugged in. - Similar Threads - computer won't recognize

2. Windows Not Recognizing Earphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Not Recognizing Earphones: Good Morning,I have a laptop with an Earphone/AUX port which has stopped working for some time. They work but sometimes, i have to run 'Audio Troubleshoot' every time i want to use my earphones, Sometimes this also doesn't help recognizing them. The port and earphones are...
  3. My computer won't recognize my headphones plugged in and sound is broken unless I restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't recognize my headphones plugged in and sound is broken unless I restart.: This is happening on a new computer, every time I plug in headphones, sound completely stops, even if I unplug the headset. The headphones don't show up in output settings and switching the output device fixes the sound for a few seconds. Nothing shows up on the...
  4. My computer won't recognize my headphones plugged in and sound is broken unless I restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't recognize my headphones plugged in and sound is broken unless I restart.: This is happening on a new computer, every time I plug in headphones, sound completely stops, even if I unplug the headset. The headphones don't show up in output settings and switching the output device fixes the sound for a few seconds. Nothing shows up on the...
  5. Earphones recognized as speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earphones recognized as speaker: My laptop runs on Windows 10 pro. i have been using it for 4 months now but today the speaker was not emitting any sound and I can only hear a sound when i plug in an earphone. I already tried installing and updated realtek driver but still the same.In the picture: the...
  6. Computer won't recognize plug-in headphones after I connected AirPods

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't recognize plug-in headphones after I connected AirPods: I have an HP Pavilion x360 and some Samson SR850 headphones, and they've never given me trouble. Recently I got some AirPod Pros, and I decided to try and connect them to my laptop for Zoom classes. It was pretty easy to connect them, but after I disconnected them and plugged...
  7. I get a static noise when I plug my earphones into computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I get a static noise when I plug my earphones into computer.: (Not a hardware issue) previously used Linux Mint and didn't face this issue. I tried a couple of methods like updating the drivers for sound etc etc but nothing seemed to work. submitted by /u/Aayush711 [link] [comments]...
  8. My device won't recognize what I plug into the audio jack

My device won't recognize what I plug into the audio jack: Can anyone help figure out how I can get that pop up dialog box when i plug in a new device into the audio jack? Window 10. Surface 3. It doesn't recognize that I've plugged in a microphone...
  9. When I plug in earphones there is no sound

When I plug in earphones there is no sound: I use Windows 10 PC, it is Dell Inspiron 7000. I cannot use earphones because they are not working, no sound when I plug them in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-earphones-there-is-no-sound/6cac5262-91ff-489e-8a83-648e5ec5a105
  10. Why won't my computer recognize it whenever I plug anything into the audio jack?

Why won't my computer recognize it whenever I plug anything into the audio jack?: So I recently bought a custom pc with windows 10 pro installed on it, I was testing to make sure everthing worked when I noticed that whenever I plugged in my headset into the audio jack, I didn't work. I tried a different headset, I tried all of the other jacks but nothing...