Windows 10: My computer wont shutdown or reboot properly

Discus and support My computer wont shutdown or reboot properly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I bough a computer last week and on the first 2 days using it was pretty fine but after a driver update the computer never shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Caio de Lima, Dec 4, 2019.

1. My computer wont shutdown or reboot properly

Hello everyone,

I bough a computer last week and on the first 2 days using it was pretty fine but after a driver update the computer never shutdown or reboot properly. The screen goes black but other components like hd and fans still working until i force shutdown. When i try to reboot it keep on that screen loading for couple minutes until it shows a blue screen error with the code: driver_power_state_failure. I tried formating completely the computer and reinstaling every single driver. I also checked for compatibility issues but no one was found. The bios is updated. Below my hardware componentes:

Biostar b450mh motherboard.

Ryzen 5 3600 cpu

Geil SuperLuce 2x8gb 3200mhz RAM

XFX RX580 256 bits GDDR5 gpu

BX500 Crucial SSD 480gb

CX550 Corsair power

Windows 10 Pro 64bits (updated)

I dont know what to do anymore but dont want to force shutdown everytime i need to leave computer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

Caio de Lima, Dec 4, 2019
  2. 1tomse2 Win User

Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.

Hey guys. I hope someone here can help me with my current problem on my desktop. Whenever I try to shutdown my computer the montior shuts off and my drives stops after a few seconds, but my fans and LEDs keeps running.
    I've tried to do all the suggestions from My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!! and from Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly - Forums - CNET

As of now, the only way I can shutdown my computer is by holding the powerbutton after I hear my drives have stopped or by using the switch on the powersupply.

Thanks in advance and Merry X-mas My computer wont shutdown or reboot properly :)

1tomse2, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Shutdown then Immediately Restarts

Try below command:

Code:
    Code:
    shutdown -h now
    If above command wont work try below suggestion.

1. Click the “K” menu in the bottom left corner.
    2. Click “Logout”.
    3. Knoppix will begin shutting down.
    4. The Knoppix CD will be ejected.
    5. Remove the CD and close the tray.
    6. Press Enter on the keyboard.
    7. Knoppix will attempt to turn off the computer automatically. If it doesn't turn off automatically, it is now safe to turn off the computer yourself using the power button.

FreeBooter, Dec 4, 2019
  4. My computer wont shutdown or reboot properly

windows 10 not shutdown properly

Hi Albert,

Write to us with the following detail.

How are you trying to turn off your computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Power Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run power troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the Search box present on the Taskbar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Run Power troubleshooter.
    Check the issue and move to next method if the issue persists.

Method 2: Turn off your computer through command line and check if you are able to shut down.

Follow the steps given below to turn off your computer using command line.

a) Press Windows Key + X Key.

b) Click on Command Prompt (admin).

d) Type shutdown /s and hit enter.

It will give an error saying that you are about to sign out, click on yes. Let us know the asked details and the status of the issue.

PranavMishra5582, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

My computer wont shutdown or reboot properly

1. My computer wont shutdown or reboot properly - Similar Threads - computer wont shutdown

2. My PC wont shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wont shutdown: So, I was messing with RegEdit and i think I accidentally deleted something i dont know. Yesterday my pc wont shutdown, as soon as i click shtdown, it turns back on. So i did shift then shutdown. It worked, but today, it only goes to safe mode. Nothing works there properly....
  3. My PC wont shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC wont shutdown: So, I was messing with RegEdit and i think I accidentally deleted something i dont know. Yesterday my pc wont shutdown, as soon as i click shtdown, it turns back on. So i did shift then shutdown. It worked, but today, it only goes to safe mode. Nothing works there properly....
  4. My PC wont shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows does not shutdown properly, then reboots - "The computer has rebooted from a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not shutdown properly, then reboots - "The computer has rebooted from a...: Hi All,I've got an issue with my laptop that I'm told might be hardware related, but I'm unsure if it is windows-associated and thought I'd check here. When I turn off the Laptop via the 'Shut Down' option in the start menu, it will continue to idle even once the screen goes...
  6. Windows does not shutdown properly, then reboots - "The computer has rebooted from a...

Windows does not shutdown properly, then reboots - "The computer has rebooted from a...: Hi All,I've got an issue with my laptop that I'm told might be hardware related, but I'm unsure if it is windows-associated and thought I'd check here. When I turn off the Laptop via the 'Shut Down' option in the start menu, it will continue to idle even once the screen goes...
  7. My pc won't shutdown properly

My pc won't shutdown properly: I placed an SSD for my HP laptop and ever since when I shutdown my PC the display goes black screen but fans and light remians on. Ever since when i shut it down I lond press the power button for 5 seconds to turn it off after pressing shutdown. I ised this way for a ~ 1...
  8. My computer is shutdown or reboot automatically anytime

My computer is shutdown or reboot automatically anytime: Dear Mr./ Ms. technician,Since yesterday Jun 16th, 2021, my computer had a problem, while I am working on the computer, my computer update automatically, and then it was shut down or reboot anytime. I don’t know what the reason is. Until now, the problem is remaining, I think...
  9. sound on my computer wont work properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound on my computer wont work properly: So I currently have my speakers muted but the sound is still playing on my games and when I watch Hulu, Netflix, ETC. I have tried all I can think of but my master volume no longer controls the volume output. My master volume is currently muted but my show on Hulu still has...
  10. Computer wont boot properly

Computer wont boot properly: I came home from work today and turned on my computer and it got the infinite loading screen problem. I can not get into safe mode, if i shut it off to restart it 3 times it goes into a mode of tuening on and off 3 times very shortly then goes into automatic recovery where...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer doesnt restart properly