Windows 10: My computer won’t sleep after time set

Discus and support My computer won’t sleep after time set in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer doesn’t go to sleep at the set time. I have checked all of the settings and nothing worked. However, my computer does go to sleep when I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Laxfam, Mar 14, 2021.

1. /u/Laxfam Win User

My computer won’t sleep after time set

My computer doesn’t go to sleep at the set time. I have checked all of the settings and nothing worked. However, my computer does go to sleep when I am signed out of my account. What causes this?

submitted by /u/Laxfam
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Laxfam, Mar 14, 2021

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Mar 14, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 14, 2021
  4. My computer won’t sleep after time set

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

My computer won’t sleep after time set

1. My computer won’t sleep after time set - Similar Threads - computer won’t sleep

2. Shut down computer after set time instead of sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down computer after set time instead of sleep?: I would like my computer to shut down after a set amount of time of inactivity, similar to how it can be set to go to sleep. I know that you can set it to shut down at the same time every day via Task Scheduler, and I know you can also set it to shut down via a command prompt...
  3. Shut down computer after set time instead of sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down computer after set time instead of sleep?: I would like my computer to shut down after a set amount of time of inactivity, similar to how it can be set to go to sleep. I know that you can set it to shut down at the same time every day via Task Scheduler, and I know you can also set it to shut down via a command prompt...
  4. Shut down computer after set time instead of sleep?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer doesn't go to sleep after time set - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer doesn't go to sleep after time set - Windows 11: My relatively new 2 months Windows 11 computer would previously go to sleep after the timeout set in power plan, but recently it no longer goes to sleep at timeout. However, I have the computer set to go to sleep when I press the power switch, and this works....
  6. Computer doesn't go to sleep after time set - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't go to sleep after time set - Windows 11: My relatively new 2 months Windows 11 computer would previously go to sleep after the timeout set in power plan, but recently it no longer goes to sleep at timeout. However, I have the computer set to go to sleep when I press the power switch, and this works....
  7. Computer won’t go to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won’t go to sleep: Something in the system isn’t letting my computer go to sleep and I’ve tried everything, I’m open to tip because I have it set to 5 minutes until it should go to sleep but it will stay on all day. submitted by /u/SilverPhantom66 [link] [comments]...
  8. Computer won’t go to sleep!

Computer won’t go to sleep!: My Windows 10 desktop is set to go to sleep after two hours of inactivity in the power settings, but it rarely goes to sleep even if I haven’t used it for much greater than two hours. Not a major issue but I would like to know why. Nothing else is apparently running that...
  9. My computer won’t restart after this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer won’t restart after this: So when I use my computer and I restart it, it just pop up this error and there is no way to escape this error [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-restart-after-this/8118de12-c064-45b8-8c77-f515faa154ab
  10. Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?

Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?: When I take a break from the computer, I click on my Sleep taskbar icon. I guess in my safety paranoiac state, I set things up so that when I awaken the computer, I have to put in my master PW. This has become a PITA and I was wondering if one can set the timing such that the...