Windows 10: My computer wont start up!

Discus and support My computer wont start up! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! So I have had a computer for about over 5 years and I have messed it really good. I had some viruses which then lead to some internet problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by David_830, May 1, 2020.

1. David_830 Win User

My computer wont start up!

Hello!

So I have had a computer for about over 5 years and I have messed it really good. I had some viruses which then lead to some internet problems and I had to disconnect it from the internet. I am trying to fix it but I keep getting in this loop where i cant boot it up because it says auto repair tool , then can't fix or repair, then blue screen that says D:\windows\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt. I dont have any previous backups and my computer has not been updated in a year.

Please help!

:)

David_830, May 1, 2020
  2. keakar Win User

Computer wont start :'(

take everything but the cpu off of the motherboard and start like a new build following my guide, when you get to the step that isnt working look at it for your problem.

yes it sounds too simple but often you need to go back to basics to find things.

Guide to computer assembly and troubleshooting: Step by Step Troubleshooting Guide

keakar, May 1, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, May 1, 2020
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Home build wont start up

Being as we ruled out the PSU earlier it could be the board is bad.... not sure what to suggest now, you are sure the power switch leads are in the correct position and the 4/8 pin and 24pin are definately plugged in, with nothing else attached if you dont get it booting and it's not the PSU it says to me the board is at fault.

NdMk2o1o, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer wont start up! - Similar Threads - computer wont start

2. My dell laptop wont start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell laptop wont start up: My laptop wont startup, just goes to the blue screen that says pc ran into problems and need to restart, we'll restart it for you. Does not give any other option like automatic repair, just keeps restarting and restarting....
  3. Computer wont start up after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont start up after a factory reset: Hi, I originally had issues with my headphones not connecting or being identified as my output device. I tried everything to fix the issue but I assumed it was a virus of some sort. I decided to factory reset my computer, windows 11, and now I'm stuck on the same loading...
  4. Computer wont start up after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont start up after a factory reset: Hi, I originally had issues with my headphones not connecting or being identified as my output device. I tried everything to fix the issue but I assumed it was a virus of some sort. I decided to factory reset my computer, windows 11, and now I'm stuck on the same loading...
  5. my computer wont start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer wont start: I was factory resetting my windows 10 lenovo intel core i3 when i had load shedding and then when my computer turned on again i was boot looping then under the spinning dots it said welcome but it showed a page of a brief second that said 64% downloaded and now i don't know...
  6. my computer wont start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer wont start: I was factory resetting my windows 10 lenovo intel core i3 when i had load shedding and then when my computer turned on again i was boot looping then under the spinning dots it said welcome but it showed a page of a brief second that said 64% downloaded and now i don't know...
  7. my computer wont start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My old computer wont start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My old computer wont start: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Bambuinulos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/foqncc/my_old_computer_wont_start/
  9. computer wont start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer wont start: I can only turn computer on in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-start/28cc696b-3ab7-4380-b72a-304209b922c4
  10. Computer wont start up past Toshiba logo.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer wont start up past Toshiba logo.: Hello, My laptop is the Toshiba Satellite L75-C7250 Over a month ago my laptop was working just fine except everytime i would go to turn it on it would take longer and linger to boot up every time. Eventually one day i went to turn it on and it wouldnt boot up past the...