Windows 10: My computer won't turn off after updating to version 1809!

Discus and support My computer won't turn off after updating to version 1809! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently 1 week or something ago i updated my windows 10 to 1809 by clicking on 'check for updates' in control panel or whatever it is called now. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sanket Varia, Dec 29, 2018.

1. My computer won't turn off after updating to version 1809!

Recently 1 week or something ago i updated my windows 10 to 1809 by clicking on 'check for updates' in control panel or whatever it is called now. Now I've been noticing lately that windows shuts off after pressing on shut down in start menu but the CPU still remains running. The machine itself doesn't turns off. So in order to test it i shut down my computer the usual way yesterday and windows turned off like it always do and i waited for 30 minutes for my CPU to shut down, apparently it did not and the lights kept on and machine didn't turned off. I had to press and hold the shut down button on my CPU in order to turn it off. Thankfully nothing is corrupted in to my system by doing that but i cannot risk it everyday. So i did a little research from my own and found out that probably windows 10 1809 doesn't support hardware, Probably!. So when i was writing this question in forum i tried to figure out what my motherboard model is in order to share my specifications and surprisingly I tried every windows way of figuring out what my hardware is (even including command prompt) none gave the actual name and number of my system model. Isn't that interesting? Because it did work few weeks ago at that time i was using 1803. So i had to use third part software to fetch my specifications.

CPU- Intel i7-2600K

Motherboard- Intel DH67CL sandibridge chipset

Graphics card- Nvidia GTX 750 ti MSI build

RAM- Corsair DDR3 8GB (2 * 4GB)

2 SSDs 256 GB each.

That's it, That's all i know about my system. Oh yes and it is a windows 10 pro x64 version OS build 17763.195

I know my system is nearly a decade old but it should be running windows properly, I don't have money right now to upgrade my system. I personally used to pirate windows but now i am using genuine versions in both of my computers so i do hope to get my problem sorted out here.

:)

Sanket Varia, Dec 29, 2018

2. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Medyen Win User
    Windows defender is turned off and won`t turn back on

Windows defender on windows 10 enterprise won`t turn on. This happened shortly after i updated it; when I try to turn it on it says:

This app has been turned off and it isn't monitoring your computer.

And right underneath it, it says:

If you are using another app for malicious and unwanted software use Security and Maintenance to check that app`s status.

Need for a response ASAP, thanks My computer won't turn off after updating to version 1809! :)

Medyen, Dec 29, 2018
  4. My computer won't turn off after updating to version 1809!

My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

My computer won't turn off after updating to version 1809!

1. My computer won't turn off after updating to version 1809! - Similar Threads - computer won't turn

2. My Computer Won't Turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Computer Won't Turn off: Hi I Own A Windows 10 System, Its OS Is Windows 10 Pro, The Computer is less than 1 year old.Specs Are Here If NeededDevice name DESKTOP-9OHUAP9 Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7600T CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.88 GB usable Product ID 00330-51295-89172-AAOEM...
  3. My Computer Won't Turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Won't Turn off: Hi I Own A Windows 10 System, Its OS Is Windows 10 Pro, The Computer is less than 1 year old.Specs Are Here If NeededDevice name DESKTOP-9OHUAP9 Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7600T CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.88 GB usable Product ID 00330-51295-89172-AAOEM...
  4. My Computer Won't Turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computers won't update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computers won't update to version 2004: Hello: I have two computers running versions of Windows 10 prior to version 2004. I have attempted to upgrade both many times using several methods: Windows Update, download and install the files, and using a DVD created by MediaCreator. The downloads work fine, then the...
  6. Computer won't turn off completely

Computer won't turn off completely: My HP Hewlett-Packard EliteBook Laptop isn't shutting down completely. I held down the power button to initiate shutdown, the screen went black and the fans turned off but the power LED light is flashing white and orange. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Keyboard and mouse won't reconnect to my computer after being turned off and turned back on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse won't reconnect to my computer after being turned off and turned back on.: I have a sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse I set them up yesterday and they were working fine. I shut them off last night and turned them back on this morning they will not communicate with my laptop? How do I get them to reconnect to my laptop?...
  8. screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off: any form of turn off or timeout for the screen makes it refuse to turn back on ex : sleep , screen timeout , leaving it for a few minutes after restart and it even prevents sleep , the power button should indicate that the pc is asleep when it is , now it doesn't...
  9. After updating my computer to version 1809, my computer is overloaded with cpu, especially...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating my computer to version 1809, my computer is overloaded with cpu, especially...: I need support[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-my-computer-to-version-1809-my/6533394f-e1cd-4bbb-8e38-ecdb268bf449
  10. Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off

Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off: I just recently do clean install Windows 10 1809 on Dell optiplex 7020. And I have the problem that the screen won't turn off completely in the specific time. Screen will wake up almost immediately after it turned off So can I have any suggestion to troubleshooting this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 doesnt turn off