Windows 10: My computer won't update and will not let me open .exe files

Discus and support My computer won't update and will not let me open .exe files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a problem. So basically, my computer is trying to update, and it goes through the process of restarting and everything, but it never updates?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by abby :, Nov 15, 2020.

1. abby : Win User

My computer won't update and will not let me open .exe files

I have a problem. So basically, my computer is trying to update, and it goes through the process of restarting and everything, but it never updates? Like when my computer asks to update, its just the same update over and over again and just won't install. Because of this, I can't run any .exe files that I download at all, and it asks me to update my computer, but I can't because it never updates and is just a never ending loop. Can someone help me?

:)

abby :, Nov 15, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Nov 15, 2020
  3. MikkoSL Win User
    Office files doesn´t open after Win10 update

After Win10 update, some of office files won´t open.
    Some .docx and .pptx files especially.

Any hints on this issue?

MikkoSL, Nov 15, 2020
  4. MikkoSL Win User

Office files doesn´t open after Win10 update

Solved this problem on my own.
    Some of files were marked "from another computer and blocked for security"
    Just tap allow and everything works fine.

MikkoSL, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer won't update and will not let me open .exe files - Similar Threads - computer won't update

2. My pc won't let me open .txt files!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't let me open .txt files!: My windows 11 pc will not let me open ANY text files even ones just created! It says file not found.It appears that if I set the default app to open .txt files to another app like wordpad it opens, but if I set it back to notepad it doesn't open again....
  3. My pc won't let me open .txt files!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won't let me open .txt files!: My windows 11 pc will not let me open ANY text files even ones just created! It says file not found.It appears that if I set the default app to open .txt files to another app like wordpad it opens, but if I set it back to notepad it doesn't open again....
  4. My computer won't let let me update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't let let me update: So I have this desktop from 2011 I believe that originally ran on windows 7 home premium. Well I've had windows 10 installed for quite some time, it ran slow and I was aware I had viruses, unfortunately I don't have a virus cleaner and I can't afford one, so I figured I could...
  5. My computer won't let let me update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't let let me update: So I have this desktop from 2011 I believe that originally ran on windows 7 home premium. Well I've had windows 10 installed for quite some time, it ran slow and I was aware I had viruses, unfortunately I don't have a virus cleaner and I can't afford one, so I figured I could...
  6. My Windows won't let me open some files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Windows won't let me open some files.: At first I thought it was my windows defender and it might be, but I can't turn it off. There is no option for it. I even opened CMD as trusted installer and admin, but the access was denied. I use advanced run to try and open these files, but I have no clue on how to really...
  7. My computer won't let me update or log-on. .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won't let me update or log-on. .: My computer won't let me update or log-on. . The msg I get is "OOPs, probability our fault, try again. My outlook seems to work fine with my user id and password....
  8. My computer won't let me open anything and there's no background

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer won't let me open anything and there's no background: Pls help heres a pic[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-let-me-open-anything-and-theres/c4c6d37a-a9c6-4d29-bb1e-c446a6d89191
  9. My exe file won't open correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My exe file won't open correctly: Hi, I've been using an exe file for a very long time, and it would open perfectly, but now everytime I run it it just shows the bar to close it and minimize it I'm sorry but I don't know the name of this bar. The exe in question cannot be maximized as it was never an option....
  10. .exe Files Won't Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .exe Files Won't Open: Whenever I try to open a .exe file (eg. a game or installer application) Windows will show an error message and will be unable to access the file. I tried using .reg files from trusted sites to fix any problems with the registry but .reg files will also display an error...