Windows 10: My computer won't wake up after automatic turn off screen as per power plan time

Discus and support My computer won't wake up after automatic turn off screen as per power plan time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have followed bellow step but I'm not able to find Power management tab a: Press Windows key + X. b: Then click Device Manager. c: Click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dhiraj Gangal, Aug 14, 2020.

1. My computer won't wake up after automatic turn off screen as per power plan time

I have followed bellow step but I'm not able to find Power management tab

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Then click Device Manager.

c: Click on keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.

My computer won't wake up after automatic turn off screen as per power plan time 807d9e36-9c31-4878-84f3-961cc99a6fa4?upload=true.png

:)

Dhiraj Gangal, Aug 14, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Aug 14, 2020
  3. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

My computer won't wake up after automatic turn off screen as per power plan time

Power plans automatically changing

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with power plans.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Power settings. Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let’s run the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.

a. Press Windows key on the keyboard.

b. In the search box, type Troubleshooting and press
    Enter.

c. Click on ‘System and Security’ and click on ‘Power’ click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

• Right-click on
      Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.

• Exit command prompt.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2:

Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a
    new power plan
    and customize the same according to your needs.

Refer to the link:

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/power-plans-faq

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

My computer won't wake up after automatic turn off screen as per power plan time

1. My computer won't wake up after automatic turn off screen as per power plan time - Similar Threads - computer won't wake

2. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  3. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  4. Computer won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake up after sleep: This is actually an answer, not a question. I've been dealing with this problem for many months. I'd set my Acer Aspire E5-576 to go to sleep under certain conditions, and for a while that worked fine. Then after a gigantic Wndows update, it no longer worked. The computer...
  5. Monitor powers on after computer turns it off

Monitor powers on after computer turns it off: Trying to find how to keep monitor off after I lock the PC. What I do: 1. Monitor powers off after 1 minute when PC is locked 2. In few seconds computer plays sound like it detects new hardware, monitors wakes up and shows "No Cable Connected". 3. Then monitor turns off....
  6. Windows ignores the time set in power plan options to turn off my monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows ignores the time set in power plan options to turn off my monitors: I set the time to turn off my monitors to 10min in windows power plan options and it doesn’t work. Also tried setting the power button to turn off the monitors but in vain, when I press the power button after setting it to turn off my monitors, the monitors go black for a...
  7. Monitors will not turn off per power settings

Monitors will not turn off per power settings: My monitors do not enter power save, per my power settings. I've run troubleshooter, reset to default, changed settings, updated drivers, checked reliability monitor, unplugged all usb device, issue persists. Can anyone help with this?...
  8. My computer won't wake up from sleep or turn off properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer won't wake up from sleep or turn off properly?: This has only started happening recently. it won't wake up from sleep or whenever you shut it down it never really shuts down, I have to give it a hard reset every time now. Any ideas on what could be the problem? thought I'd post it here as my hardware is all in good...
  9. Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off

Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off: Hi, Since 15 days i am facing issue in waking up of my laptop after sleep mode.Even after pressing any key computer not waking up.I have switch off laptop and have to switch it on again. Further after shut down my power led also not switching off. I have tried all options...
  10. Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options: I have my laptop display set to turn off after 15 minutes when it's plugged in, but it never does. I've tried changing the time & it still never turns off. Is there an application that could causing this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Oh & I'm running Windows 10. 25634