Windows 10: My computer yesterday all sudden having issues, especially Personalization and Desktop...

Discus and support My computer yesterday all sudden having issues, especially Personalization and Desktop... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have barely been using my Windows 10 Gaming PC for past couple months but yesterday started noticing it being slightly sluggish. Moving around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoeyShamon, May 8, 2021.

1. My computer yesterday all sudden having issues, especially Personalization and Desktop...

I have barely been using my Windows 10 Gaming PC for past couple months but yesterday started noticing it being slightly sluggish. Moving around windows has been laggy, can't change background photo, cant go to settings and click on personalization it just freezes there. Sometimes my taskbar will just disappear.Only way to apply a background is by using Wallpaper Enginge on Steam but I cannot apply my own wallpaper even after uninstalling Wallpaper Engine.I did all the Windows updates and even the additional ones which did help slightly with the lag and SOMETIMES i can open Personalization.S

:)

JoeyShamon, May 8, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

I'm having a microphone problem in 2 different computers (laptop and desktop).

Hi Márcio,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your Microphone?
    • What is the model of your Laptop and Desktop?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any Hardware and Software changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 8, 2021
  3. How to Personalize Desktop Wallpaper

Hi Kathie,

You can personalize your desktop wallpaper by simply following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Click Background.
    • Click Browse to open File Explorer.
    • Navigate the folder to choose a photo that you desired.
    • Click Choose picture to finish.
    The preview window gives you a sneak peek of what will your desktop looks like if you change your desktop wallpaper.

You can visit this
    link
    for more information on how you can personalize your computer.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Johann Eva, May 8, 2021
  4. My computer yesterday all sudden having issues, especially Personalization and Desktop...

Personalize desktop with pictures taken and stored within My Pictures

Hi Granite,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new folder, copy pictures whichever you want to set as desktop background and paste in new folder.

Now browse and select this folder to set as desktop background. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
    • Under background select Slideshow.
    • Now browse for the folder which you created.
    • Turn on Shuffle.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 8, 2021
Thema:

My computer yesterday all sudden having issues, especially Personalization and Desktop...

1. My computer yesterday all sudden having issues, especially Personalization and Desktop... - Similar Threads - computer yesterday sudden

2. all of a sudden yesterday i cannot print PDF's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all of a sudden yesterday i cannot print PDF's: all of a sudden yesterday i cannot print PDF's, when i select a printer it takes it straight to printing a file, i can print emails and off sage so its not the printer, any ideas anyone?...
  3. all of a sudden yesterday i cannot print PDF's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all of a sudden yesterday i cannot print PDF's: all of a sudden yesterday i cannot print PDF's, when i select a printer it takes it straight to printing a file, i can print emails and off sage so its not the printer, any ideas anyone?...
  4. all of a sudden yesterday i cannot print PDF's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Issues logging into my personal computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues logging into my personal computer: I have a personal laptop and it did an update over night and is now asking me for a pin number to sign into my laptop. I do not know the pin. I selected "do not remember pin" and i could put in my password that i always use. Then it wanted to send me a verification code to my...
  6. My computer is having many issues suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is having many issues suddenly: I turn on my computer and it's acting different, When I turn it on it usually boots red, orange, white then green and the fan turns on full speed at orange, but then I turn it on now it does the same cycle but stays on orange for 4 seconds and not 1 second, also sometimes...
  7. Calendar Issue All Of A Sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar Issue All Of A Sudden: Hello all, two quick questions about my Calendar app on Windows 10. 1 Whenever I used to send invites via the Calendar app, it would automatically add a Google Meets Link so we would know what # to dial in. Now it no longer does that for some reason. I've also checked my...
  8. issue with my pc all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    issue with my pc all of a sudden: So i start up my pc, everything loads fast, everything is fast in general, i play a couple games, go some where for like a hour and than i come back, i try opening a program, it wouldn’t open, i tried opening task manger, it wouldn’t open, than like 10 mins later, the things...
  9. on upgrade lost all my personal apps on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    on upgrade lost all my personal apps on desktop: How do I get my personal apps back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-upgrade-lost-all-my-personal-apps-on-desktop/5f518698-c92e-4f26-a20b-bc6bd294c0ff
  10. All of a sudden I started to have issues with my scroll bar

in Windows 10 Support
    All of a sudden I started to have issues with my scroll bar: Just recently all of a sudden my Windows 10 Is experiencing problems when I try to scroll any window that has a scrollbar. When I scroll down it continually scrolls back up on its own, this happens whether I'm using my mouse wheel or if I actually physically grabbed the bar...