Windows 10: My computers acts like there is a screen problem.

Discus and support My computers acts like there is a screen problem. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After I updated my laptop this morning, at first I thought my screen was cracked. After carefully looking at it and test a few different applications,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DakotaJ1235, Oct 11, 2019.

1. My computers acts like there is a screen problem.

After I updated my laptop this morning, at first I thought my screen was cracked. After carefully looking at it and test a few different applications, I notice it was not my screen. It appears that application symbol look to be tearing. Please help. When I go to the web browser, any where you can select something looks like a x is tearing that "image."

:)

DakotaJ1235, Oct 11, 2019

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 11, 2019
  4. dudeboss1 Win User

My computers acts like there is a screen problem.

my computer acts like the webcam is not there.

my computer acts like the webcam is not there.

dudeboss1, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

My computers acts like there is a screen problem.

1. My computers acts like there is a screen problem. - Similar Threads - computers acts screen

2. The screen time limits on my computer are acting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The screen time limits on my computer are acting up: My parents have set a time limit on my computer, last night I forgot to sign out and close it and this morning I found that even though it had been on the screen where it showed that I had opened it before the downtime ran up, it said that I had used my six hours when I...
  3. The screen time limits on my computer are acting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The screen time limits on my computer are acting up: My parents have set a time limit on my computer, last night I forgot to sign out and close it and this morning I found that even though it had been on the screen where it showed that I had opened it before the downtime ran up, it said that I had used my six hours when I...
  4. My VSC is acting like crazy!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My VSC is acting like crazy!?: As you can already see from the above picture, all the like buttons and text and everything on vsc gets distorted with this...I don't know what even this is but yeah, it's happening in my laptop.It's so annoying when this happens while I'm working on my code so if y'all have...
  5. My VSC is acting like crazy!?

My VSC is acting like crazy!?: As you can already see from the above picture, all the like buttons and text and everything on vsc gets distorted with this...I don't know what even this is but yeah, it's happening in my laptop.It's so annoying when this happens while I'm working on my code so if y'all have...
  6. Controller acting like a mouse

Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  7. Screen shows and is 1360x768 but acts like 1400x900 in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen shows and is 1360x768 but acts like 1400x900 in games: Just as the title says nc what to really do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shows-and-is-1360x768-but-acts-like/b157c695-80af-45b7-b22e-9c15be9bca97
  8. What is wrong with my computer? Screen is acting strange. Like it’s shaking scared.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is wrong with my computer? Screen is acting strange. Like it’s shaking scared.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/harrison9two [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lfvma6/what_is_wrong_with_my_computer_screen_is_acting/
  9. My computer is acting funny

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is acting funny: When I started my computer it said there was no pin for my computer but after getting in the computer there was no internet or wifi icon and in the settings there is no networks and when i plug in headphones the computer does not see them I don’t know if this is a problem...
  10. my computer is acting wonky

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my computer is acting wonky: Hello to all, I have updated windows 10 with the 1909 update and a lot of things have been acting wonky that I hope some people can help me with. SO much so that I brought it to a computer tech person in my area. He uninstalled it back to the 1903 update and then...