Windows 10: My computers Administrator is an Exs Help

Discus and support My computers Administrator is an Exs Help in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The problem is'nt mine but a friends, so no problem on this account. A while back a now Ex logged on to microsoft on his computer and became the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RoyalBonez, Apr 19, 2022.

1. My computers Administrator is an Exs Help

The problem is'nt mine but a friends, so no problem on this account. A while back a now Ex logged on to microsoft on his computer and became the default administrator. Now they have no contact and he can't access any applications that would require administrators permissions, including becoming the new admin to kick the old e-mail out. Is there any way to fix this problem without contacting the old admin to logout?

:)

RoyalBonez, Apr 19, 2022

2. Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 19, 2022
  3. Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 19, 2022
  4. My computers Administrator is an Exs Help

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Apr 19, 2022
Thema:

My computers Administrator is an Exs Help

1. My computers Administrator is an Exs Help - Similar Threads - computers Administrator Exs

2. My ex used his Microsoft email for my laptop as an administrator. My laptop is updating and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ex used his Microsoft email for my laptop as an administrator. My laptop is updating and...: My ex used his Microsoft email for my laptop as an administrator since he alreasy had a microsoft account. My laptop is updating and I can't access the password he has on the Microsoft account and I can't get into my laptop since he put himself as administrator. I have a...
  3. My ex used his Microsoft email for my laptop as an administrator. My laptop is updating and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ex used his Microsoft email for my laptop as an administrator. My laptop is updating and...: My ex used his Microsoft email for my laptop as an administrator since he alreasy had a microsoft account. My laptop is updating and I can't access the password he has on the Microsoft account and I can't get into my laptop since he put himself as administrator. I have a...
  4. My computers Administrator is an Exs Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computers Administrator is an Exs Help: The problem is'nt mine but a friends, so no problem on this account. A while back a now Ex logged on to microsoft on his computer and became the default administrator. Now they have no contact and he can't access any applications that would require administrators permissions,...
  5. My computers Administrator is an Exs Help

My computers Administrator is an Exs Help: The problem is'nt mine but a friends, so no problem on this account. A while back a now Ex logged on to microsoft on his computer and became the default administrator. Now they have no contact and he can't access any applications that would require administrators permissions,...
  6. Administrator of my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator of my computer?: I have Windows 11 with Office 2019 - not Office 365. I have to make some changes in my security program. Microsoft is telling me "I'm the administrator of my organization." I never intended to make my self the "administrator" but somehow this happened at some point that I...
  7. Administrator of my computer?

Administrator of my computer?: I have Windows 11 with Office 2019 - not Office 365. I have to make some changes in my security program. Microsoft is telling me "I'm the administrator of my organization." I never intended to make my self the "administrator" but somehow this happened at some point that I...
  8. my ex boyfriend is a hacker he hacked my computer what to do??? help me plz?? someone help...

in Windows 10 Customization
    my ex boyfriend is a hacker he hacked my computer what to do??? help me plz?? someone help...: he can get into everthing on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ex-boyfriend-is-a-hacker-he-hacked-my-computer/0ce2583f-e61d-41e7-aa8e-bbafa0180476
  9. Administrator of my computer is not me. Help!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator of my computer is not me. Help!!: Can I get some answers from you on a problem? I bought a computer (Baby Dell) from a pawn shop and it has an administrator on it with a password and pin number. I really need to be my own administrator. Is there a fix for this? I can not return it to the pawn....
  10. My ex stole my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My ex stole my laptop: My ex refuses to give me back my laptop. He kniws all my passwords and logins how can i lock it from access to anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ex-stole-my-laptop/6a6cbd49-3765-4296-962b-d3106ea4464a"