Windows 10: My computer’s been stuck on this screen for over 20 minutes. Any solutions to get it off...

Discus and support My computer’s been stuck on this screen for over 20 minutes. Any solutions to get it off... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Xedefer [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xedefer, Jun 4, 2020.

1. My computer’s been stuck on this screen for over 20 minutes. Any solutions to get it off...

/u/Xedefer, Jun 4, 2020

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2020
  4. My computer’s been stuck on this screen for over 20 minutes. Any solutions to get it off...

Wifi connection cutting off every 20 minutes

My internet is turning itself off about every 20 minutes, and I have to go to the network and sharing center and run troubleshoot wifi connection 3 a several times before it goes back to normal.

What I've checked:

• The internet works without fail on my phone. The problem is surely on this device.
    • The wifi connection 3 thing on network and sharing center is the thing that always goes offline (has a red cross next to it)
    • My intelligence... I'm pretty bad at computing so please explain this in steps.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to stop this inconvenience from occurring every 10-20 minutes, its really frustrating. I need to answer questions and get more reputation on writers SE My computer’s been stuck on this screen for over 20 minutes. Any solutions to get it off... :).

Thanks. By the way, I ran a scan. Its not a virus or malware, whatever else it could be.

Daniel Cann, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

My computer’s been stuck on this screen for over 20 minutes. Any solutions to get it off...

1. My computer’s been stuck on this screen for over 20 minutes. Any solutions to get it off... - Similar Threads - computer’s been stuck

2. BSOD WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE 20 minutes into any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE 20 minutes into any game: Hey, I am getting BSOD WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE ERROR when playing games. I tried sfc/scannow and checking disk and things seem fine. However the error still persistsThe event logger mentions: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124...
  3. BSOD WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE 20 minutes into any game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE 20 minutes into any game: Hey, I am getting BSOD WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE ERROR when playing games. I tried sfc/scannow and checking disk and things seem fine. However the error still persistsThe event logger mentions: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124...
  4. Black screen for ~20 minutes after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen for ~20 minutes after login: I have a virtual environment where everyone logs into they physical desktop and then connects to a dedicated virtual desktop via VMware. I've already taken this to VMware support, and they say it's not their problem. With certain users on certain VM's, after they enter their...
  5. Blue screen error every 20 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen error every 20 minutes: The computer crashes about every 20 minutes or so. It was working fine up until recently. I'd done a Windows update just prior to this problem, but there are no system restore points to allow me to restore prior to the update. It's an older machine 11 years, so I'm not...
  6. It takes over 9 minutes to get past welcome screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It takes over 9 minutes to get past welcome screen.: A month ago I finally yielded under the peer pressure and clever marketing, where people and internet told me Windows 10 is the only supported and safe version of Windows available, and installed it on my laptop. For a month it worked fine, but suddenly few days ago the...
  7. It has been like this for over 20 minutes, can't shut down laptop. Power button doesn't...

It has been like this for over 20 minutes, can't shut down laptop. Power button doesn't...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/transparent- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iy3esz/it_has_been_like_this_for_over_20_minutes_cant/
  8. My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.: My computer turns it's self off after 20 minutes. I have gone to settings and changed the shut down times to never but it still is doing it. I've also told it to never go to sleep. It's driving me crazy....
  9. BSOD Stuck at 0% for 20 minutes, help.

BSOD Stuck at 0% for 20 minutes, help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IDNL_YoLo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hi6tlk/bsod_stuck_at_0_for_20_minutes_help/
  10. Notebook start screen for 20 minutes?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notebook start screen for 20 minutes?: Since 20 min I only see the start screen where acer is standing how does the notebook go 10 days old Notebook seid 20 min in Startbildschirm?