Windows 10: My computer's boot up

Discus and support My computer's boot up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So just today my computer has this issue where is boots and then it goes "please wait". Then it brings me to a screen where I select my keyboard. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by seanhuang4, Jun 11, 2019.

1. My computer's boot up

So just today my computer has this issue where is boots and then it goes "please wait". Then it brings me to a screen where I select my keyboard. After that it gives me 2 options, troubleshoot or turn off your pc. When I try to reset with command prompt it says there was an error. Hard restarting and restarting does nothing, it just brings me back every time. I was wondering if you could help. I have been using this dell xps 15 for less than a year and this is the first time it has been like this. It would be a bummer to lose something I spent well over 1500$ on.

:)

seanhuang4, Jun 11, 2019

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 11, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 11, 2019
  4. My computer's boot up

Computer keeps re-booting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then check.

Method 2

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

My computer's boot up

1. My computer's boot up - Similar Threads - computer's boot

2. My computer will not boot up just goes in circles. Is there a repair disk that I can...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer will not boot up just goes in circles. Is there a repair disk that I can...: How do I get a windows 10 repair disk as my computer will not boot up. It just says that a hard disk error is imminent and then hit F1 to continue. It then starts to offer a series of options any one of which just results in restarting and then repaets the options etc....
  3. Computer won't boot

Computer won't boot: When I power up Automatic Repair starts then diagnoses then says can't repair. Windows 10 V10.0.17134.1 D:\windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\srtTrail.txt Is all I know about this I just tried go back to a previous version and it said can't do that. Startup repair didn't...
  4. explorer.exe application error, computer boots but not working / loading only browsers are...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    explorer.exe application error, computer boots but not working / loading only browsers are...: the instruction at 0x00007FEA871865F referenced memory at 0x0000000005DD96D0. the required data was not placed into memory because of an i/0 error statuts of 0x0000009c. explorer.exe application error widows is running and booting properly but in the hard disk and...
  5. No longer can I start Windows 10 in my multi-boot computer

No longer can I start Windows 10 in my multi-boot computer: Two months ago my dual boot (with Linux Mint 19,1) Asus UX461U began to start directly in Linux. The GRUB no longer appeared. From Linux I can see the Windows files and partitions. How can I create a recovery usb from the recovery partition?...
  6. Have the start menu (tiles) be what computer boots up to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have the start menu (tiles) be what computer boots up to: I may not be asking this correctly but I want the start page, the one with the tiles to be what my computer boots up to or be my home landing page. Again not sure if I am asking this right. Also is there a easy way to move everything from one Windows 10 Pc to another...
  7. Computer crashed and cant boot into os

Computer crashed and cant boot into os: Was playing Ark and the computer crashed, showing DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Restarted on it's own and would continually crash with several BOS. KMODE EXECUTION NOT HANDLED PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA KERNEL MODE KEEP CORRUPTION SYSTEM THREAD EXECUTION SYSTEM SERVICE...
  8. Computer will not boot after adding second HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not boot after adding second HDD: I added a new HDD to my desktop. My computer started fine, but did not pick up the new HDD, so I restarted my computer. However, it did not boot. I disconnected the new HDD, but it is still not booting. I keep coming to this screen. [img] I tried solving the issue using...
  9. Computer will not boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not boot: After win 10 update install puter rebooted. Came to the screen just before login screen and will not proceed. Touchscreen, mouse, keyboard etc. Do not work. Once puter times out, screen goes black and power button must be pushed to continue. ... Please help my old brain!!?...
  10. Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive

Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive: hello I have a laptop with bitlocker installed and i do have the login keys for that ... i need to fresh install windows 10 on it and whenever i try to boot with bootable usb device , it doenst work .. the machine has windows 8.1 installed .. my query is whether bit locker...