Windows 10: My computer's disk being at 100% very often.

Discus and support My computer's disk being at 100% very often. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Some context: Me and my brother both have the same computer, the Acer Nitro AN515-42, mine is year to a year and a half older than his, yet his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NeonD00m, Sep 28, 2020.

1. NeonD00m Win User

My computer's disk being at 100% very often.

Some context: Me and my brother both have the same computer, the Acer Nitro AN515-42, mine is year to a year and a half older than his, yet his performs much better than my computer. For example when we're playing Fortnite He plays at medium to high graphics and gets a pretty consistent 60 fps and 90 in the lobby. While I have mine at the lowest possible except for 3D resolution and my computer can only hit 30-40 fps when I am standing still and not moving my camera, move my camera 90 degrees and I get 5 fps, full 180 and it stops rendering for half a second at least.

Is there anything I could do or check to make sure my computer is running the best it can?

:)

NeonD00m, Sep 28, 2020
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Laptop Disk 100%

Hi Geo,

There a several possible reasons as to why your computer would stop responding correctly when you leave it idle for a certain amount of time, For us to resolve you concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on you computer before this started happening?
    • Were there any updates installed last night while you were using the computer?

You can also refer to this
    link
    for troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Disk is always at 100%

Hi Richard,

Some bugs or disk drive errors may cause high disk utilization. If your task manager shows 100% disk utilization, you may need to optimize Windows by following these troubleshooting methods:

Disable Windows Search

Some bug in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 causes some "search loop" that causes maximum utilization of your disk. To disable
    Windows Search, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down to find Windows Search, right-click it, and select
      Properties.
    • Change the Startup type to Disabled and save the changes.

Disable Superfetch Service

Superfetch service has been identified as a possible cause of 100% disk utilization on Windows 10. To disable Superfetch service, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net.exe stop superfetch and press Enter.
    • Wait for a minute for the changes to apply and close the Command Prompt.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer's disk being at 100% very often. - Similar Threads - computer's disk being

2. Often my computer runs very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Often my computer runs very slow: My computer often runs very slowly. When I check in task manager to see what could be causing this, I find that the disk is running 100%. What can cause this?...
  3. Often my computer runs very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Often my computer runs very slow: My computer often runs very slowly. When I check in task manager to see what could be causing this, I find that the disk is running 100%. What can cause this?...
  4. Often my computer runs very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer crashes very often

Computer crashes very often: Hello, I built my first pc under a week ago and it has recently been restarting with this error code A fatal hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor Core Error Source: Machine Check Exception Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error Processor APIC ID:...
  6. computer crashing very often

computer crashing very often: Hi; thank s for any help. i am strugling to get my computer working normaly. i have tried all i could do and it steel crashing..this is the kind of thing it is telling me from report crashes, looking in dumpfile.iastorak.syst orntkrnlmp.exe orntoskrnl.exe are the faulty...
  7. Computer BSODs Very Often

Computer BSODs Very Often: Guys, I've been tearing my hair out for the past month trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer and I am running out of ideas, I saw someone post something similar here almost 10 years ago and they got helpful responses, so here I am. I'll start with the specs of...
  8. Windows 10 is very slow and often spikes the disk at 100 percent.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is very slow and often spikes the disk at 100 percent.: My computer is very slow and laggy for no apparent reason for months now. My hdd spikes often to 100% on task manager even with low transfer rates. And there isnt a usual process behind it. Sometimes it just starts spiking out of nowhere, sometimes when i launch a game,...
  9. Windows 10 often freezing with 100% disk usage and very high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 often freezing with 100% disk usage and very high RAM usage: My laptop often freezes when using basic apps such as Firefox or WhatsApp. It's been 2 years since it gradually started to slow down. I tried to follow the steps shown in this video : Disque dur à 100% d'utilisation, la solution, but I didn't encounter any lag only for few...
  10. 100% Disk Usage often

100% Disk Usage often: Hello everyone, for a long time now I've been having a problem where if I do even small things like open Google Chrome, settings app, Steam, Discord. Internet Explorer (especially bad) or most applications on my computer the Disk Usage spikes to 100% and the computer slows...