Windows 10: My computer's name is not displayed in file explorer Network group.

Discus and support My computer's name is not displayed in file explorer Network group. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer's name (Office) does not appear in the local Network list. It does appear on other computer's (XPS-Club) Network list. Office is primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jingles, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Jingles Win User

My computer's name is not displayed in file explorer Network group.

My computer's name (Office) does not appear in the local Network list.
    It does appear on other computer's (XPS-Club) Network list.
    Office is primary system in my profile.
    XPS-Club is second system in my profile.

If I type \\Office in the Network Address bar, the name and associated shares is displayed in the local list.
    However, the information is only shown for the current file explorer session.

:)

Jingles, Jul 22, 2019
  2. lintekPC Win User

Buggy Windows 10 Home Network File Explorer

First my network configuration:

- Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron 13-5368 laptop

- CentOS 6.8 on a Dell Vostro 1000 laptop

- The Vostro is the Samba/Linux server

- The 13-5368 is the Samba/Windows client

- The Vostro is the network's computer browse master

- The Computer Browser service on the 13-5368 is disabled to avoid conflicts

Working:

- sharing

- printing

- computer names are list in the network file explorers (both PCs)

Problem scenario:

- shutdown the 13-5368

- the computer's name is removed from the browse list as seen from the Vostro (Samba Server)

- restart the 13-5368

- open the network file explorer on Windows 10

- only the Vostro PC computer name is listed

- enter the Windows 10 \\computer_name, it is found, displayed and the share is accessible

- close the network file explorer on Windows 10

- recheck after an hour, no Windows 10 computer name is displayed

- close the network file explorer on Windows 10

- logout of Windows 10

- sign into Windows 10

- open the network file explorer on Windows 10

*** now all computer names are displayed ***

Appears to be a buggy Windows 10 Home Network File Explorer. This happens when I used either WSD or NetBIOS

for network discovery. Only the logout/sign-in refreshes the list of computer names. My Windows 7 Pro laptop

in the network does not have the problem after a shutdown and restart.

lintekPC, Jul 22, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Jul 22, 2019
  4. My computer's name is not displayed in file explorer Network group.

Network computers do not display

I have tried several web searches and have not found a solution that works. I am using Windows 10 and have 3 computers in the network group. I can manually enter the compute(s) name, "\\Robert Laptop", and see it, but I would prefer to have it automatically display. I would provide the different solutions I have tried, but I can't remember all of them. Any and all suggestions welcome!

Sir George, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

My computer's name is not displayed in file explorer Network group.

1. My computer's name is not displayed in file explorer Network group. - Similar Threads - computer's name displayed

2. My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.: My computer is running Windows 10. Its name was listed under Network of File Explorer. The names of two other computers are displayed and their shared directories and printers are shown. However, my computer name is not shown,The following services are running on my...
  3. My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.: My computer is running Windows 10. Its name was listed under Network of File Explorer. The names of two other computers are displayed and their shared directories and printers are shown. However, my computer name is not shown,The following services are running on my...
  4. My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to display group "folders" on my computer in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to display group "folders" on my computer in file explorer?: I don't know why, but it just disappeared out of nowhere. I don't know if it was the last update or if it was something I did. I know I can access these folders via quick access, but I would like to restore this group on my computer in explorer....
  6. How to display group "folders" on my computer in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to display group "folders" on my computer in file explorer?: I don't know why, but it just disappeared out of nowhere. I don't know if it was the last update or if it was something I did. I know I can access these folders via quick access, but I would like to restore this group on my computer in explorer....
  7. File explorer "Group by name" acts differenty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer "Group by name" acts differenty: Two PC, both Windows 10 latest version. File explorer "Group by name" on First PC: 3 groups starting with A-H Second PC: 4 groups starting with A-G ?????...
  8. Disable the file display groups in file explorer

Disable the file display groups in file explorer: I want to disable file explorer from sorting the files in groups. It keeps putting the files in to groupings and telling me how many files are in this groups. For example Q-Z 2. Really. I do not like this. It is like my email trying to sort by today, earlier in the week,...
  9. computers on home network do not display in file explorer

computers on home network do not display in file explorer: computers on home network do not display in file explorer. 2 win10 and 1 win7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computers-on-home-network-do-not-display-in-file/86358296-b6bd-4391-b475-b00b89d93ffd
  10. File Explorer will not display computers any couputers in Network.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer will not display computers any couputers in Network.: When I go into File Explorer, and click network it displays all my devices except computers in my network. The other computers in the network will display this computer. This is a recent problem (not sure when it started) It was displaying the computers before. I have tried...