Windows 10: My computer's name is NOT Jane, it's Janet. MY NAME IS JANE. How can I change the name of...

Discus and support My computer's name is NOT Jane, it's Janet. MY NAME IS JANE. How can I change the name of... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just purchased a new computer and set it up to find out it's name is Janet! MY NAME IS JANE, my last name begins with the letter "T", but my name is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaneIsMe, Sep 24, 2019.

1. JaneIsMe Win User

My computer's name is NOT Jane, it's Janet. MY NAME IS JANE. How can I change the name of...

I just purchased a new computer and set it up to find out it's name is Janet! MY NAME IS JANE, my last name begins with the letter "T", but my name is not Janet, it's Jane. Many things that I use, including C:\Users, refer to me as Janet, but that's not my name. My computer's name is NOT Jane, it's Janet. MY NAME IS JANE. How can I change the name of... :( Please tell me how to change it to my real true name.

:)

JaneIsMe, Sep 24, 2019

2. Change user name on c drive to match administrator name.

I just bought a new laptop as the hard drive on my old one died. It had two users, “John” and “Jane”. The computer store where I bought the new laptop named it John, but I want it to be Jane. I changed the administrator name to Jane and that works, however when I go to c /users it still list John: for example c/users/John and I want to change that to c/users/Jane. I have not been able to figure out how to change the user name to agree with the user name on the c drive. Could someone please explain how you do that on windows 10? Thank you.

Hereathome, Sep 24, 2019
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

My computer's name is NOT Jane, it's Janet. MY NAME IS JANE. How can I change the name of...

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile My computer's name is NOT Jane, it's Janet. MY NAME IS JANE. How can I change the name of... :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. My computer's name is NOT Jane, it's Janet. MY NAME IS JANE. How can I change the name of... - Similar Threads - computer's name Jane

2. How can i change my disk name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i change my disk name: I download a game and it automatically changed the local disk e name and now I can not change it again. It also changed the logo Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-disk-name/c235f49f-dd73-46e6-ac12-f709d614245f
  3. Change The Product's Name to be My Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change The Product's Name to be My Name: Hi, everyone!My name is Putri Nur Indah Pratiwi from Indonesia.I'd like to ask you a question. I'm a Windows 11 user and recently use my laptop again after being fixed for 2 weeks at the service center. The question is: How could I change the product's name to be my name on...
  4. Change The Product's Name to be My Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change The Product's Name to be My Name: Hi, everyone!My name is Putri Nur Indah Pratiwi from Indonesia.I'd like to ask you a question. I'm a Windows 11 user and recently use my laptop again after being fixed for 2 weeks at the service center. The question is: How could I change the product's name to be my name on...
  5. how to change my name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change my name?: how to change my name? or username? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-name/a9c309bb-b80d-4195-8e24-805d63ca1da5
  6. how to change my name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change my name?: how to change my name? or username? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-name/a9c309bb-b80d-4195-8e24-805d63ca1da5
  7. How can i change folders name to extension names?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i change folders name to extension names?: So i have a folder with over 300 files which have the wrong names but in each folder there are .mod files which are the correct names, changing them 1 by 1 takes way too long, so is there a way to rename them to the correct name in a bulk? submitted by /u/MK_Madness...
  8. How can I change the name of my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the name of my computer?: I just purchased a new computer, set it up, and then found out it's name is Janet! My name is JANE, my last name begins with the letter "T", but my name is not Janet, it's Jane. Many things that I use, including C:\Users, refer to me as Janet, but that's not my name. Please...
  9. change network computer name to match my administrative name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change network computer name to match my administrative name: I am administrator on this computer. My network computer says Linda's PC. How do I change it to read Linda Dattilo Administrator. How do I login as administrator? I am the only one that owns and uses this computer.... Thanks Linda...
  10. Change of my Computer's Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change of my Computer's Name: I unknowingly changed my Computer's name in the Control panel settings. I'm not connected to a Domain or a workgroup. So will this affect or cause any problems in the Future?...