Windows 10: My computer's "Sleep after X" sleep is deeper than manual sleep

Discus and support My computer's "Sleep after X" sleep is deeper than manual sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; With Sleep after X minutes, all fans shut down. A mouse click or key press is required to wake the system. This is ideal. When I manually sleep via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Icyeros, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Icyeros Win User

My computer's "Sleep after X" sleep is deeper than manual sleep

With Sleep after X minutes, all fans shut down. A mouse click or key press is required to wake the system. This is ideal.

When I manually sleep via the start menu, fans stay on and mouse movement wakes the system.

powercfg -a lists this:

Standby (S3)
    Hibernate
    Fast Startup

Automatic hibernation is off, only sleep is on in power settings.

I'm on 16299

So, my question is, how do I manually put my computer into this deeper sleep state?

:)

Icyeros, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

When computers sleep..

Some of the older 775 boards don't sleep so well. Try manually putting it to sleep and see what happens. The mouse or keyboard may be keeping it awake. Of course check your sleep settings

Jetster, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes My computer's "Sleep after X" sleep is deeper than manual sleep :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown My computer's "Sleep after X" sleep is deeper than manual sleep :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, Jan 5, 2019
  4. boulard83 Win User

No sleep on SSD but sleep HDD ?

Hi guyz, the question is not exactly for me but for few friends. My main computer only have SSDs and my HTPC run 24/7 for few things like torrent so it never sleep HDD btw.

The main thing is about TRIM and/or garbage collection. Its usually better not to sleep your SSD to let the trim/GC do its job but if you ask windows to sleep or not the hard disk, windows seems to do it for every drive in the system so you end up never sleeping your HDD if you dont want to sleep your SSD. If they do nothing, HDD are better to sleep IMO.

Pics of the thing.

My computer's "Sleep after X" sleep is deeper than manual sleep [​IMG]

If you guyz have an idea or a tweaking that allow HDD sleeping but leave the SSD awake to let the TRIM/GC do its job, ill appreciate it ! ( mostly my friends *Smile My computer's "Sleep after X" sleep is deeper than manual sleep :) )

boulard83, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. My computer's "Sleep after X" sleep is deeper than manual sleep - Similar Threads - computer's Sleep sleep

2. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  3. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  4. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem: Computer Unresponsive at Sleep or after Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem: Computer Unresponsive at Sleep or after Sleep: All: Occasionally (about 1 time per week or so), when my HP laptop begins to go to sleep mode (after a period of inactivity or when 'Start/Power/Sleep' is selected), the system never makes it to sleep. The screen goes to a solid color and a spinning clock like symbol spins at...
  6. My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep

My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep: I have updated my monitor and network adaptorsI have updated my motherboard bios, my windows update latest version as of Tuesday, my drivers, my undergarmentsI have turned off Wake On Lan magic bullet on the network adaptorI have turned off allow waketimersI have turned off...
  7. Sleep Mode on Timer Different Than Manually Putting System to Sleep?

Sleep Mode on Timer Different Than Manually Putting System to Sleep?: Bottom line up front, my computer produces differentresults in sleep mode, depending on if I initiate putting the system to sleepversus following the configured power plan. 1 When I manually put the computer to sleep Start >Power > Sleep, I can observe that my display shuts...
  8. Computer sleep but not sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer sleep but not sleep mode: I discovered this after I left a semi-intensive program running overnight after a certain amount of time maybe 15 mins I'm not sure, my computer would freeze the program. No warning no error message but after some testing it appeared to have gone into some sort of power...
  9. Putting the screen to sleep manually?

Putting the screen to sleep manually?: Years ago I use to have an app that would let me put the screen to sleep simply by moving the cursor to any corner of the screen (for privacy). Recently someone (here?) gave me a command (it may have been a sortcut, or seperate app) that would tell Windows to do this. I had...
  10. Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep: Hello, My motherboard is a P8Z77-V, with Gigabyte 7950 video card, if that matters. I did the windows 10 upgrade, and all seems well, except waking from Standby. If I go into start menu, and choose sleep, everything spins down, and the computer shuts itself off. I am...