Windows 10: my computers sound is NOT working at all

Discus and support my computers sound is NOT working at all in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It was working perfectly fine, I closed it, opened it a couple minutes later and poof, no sound. I've tried updating the sound drive, seeing if it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gboy3589Haynes, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:37 AM.

1. my computers sound is NOT working at all

It was working perfectly fine, I closed it, opened it a couple minutes later and poof, no sound. I've tried updating the sound drive, seeing if it was muted, unplugging and plugging in my headphones, but no luck. anybody know how to fix it?

:)

Gboy3589Haynes, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:37 AM
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

4. cadaveca Win User

my computers sound is NOT working at all

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue my computers sound is NOT working at all :p

Thema:

my computers sound is NOT working at all

1. my computers sound is NOT working at all - Similar Threads - computers sound working

2. Microphones are working yet my computer is receiving sound?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphones are working yet my computer is receiving sound?: [ATTACH] For some reason, whenever I plug in a microphone sound cannot be received by others. Although like the screenshot shows, my computer is picking up sound that isn't coming from my voice or surrounding area. Is there any way to solve this problem? I know it's not the...
  3. Sound not working at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not working at all: [ATTACH]i can't get sound to work and it isn't showing any audio devices. When i go to device manager it says the audio devices in the computer are working fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-not-working-at-all/d46be84e-ae08-4469-8adc-92be6ba9e124
  4. sound issues, my sound will not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound issues, my sound will not work: We can't find an audio device. Make sure headphones or speakers are connected. For more info, search your device for "Manage audio devices." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-issues-my-sound-will-not-work/5e2530eb-9f3e-4416-9f0a-4503a1d0697c
  5. No sound on my computer.

No sound on my computer.: My computer is HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart PC. The Sound icon has an X and I cant put the volume up or down. When I went to sound settings it said I have no input or output device. I Keep trying the troubleshooters but it says it cant identify the problem. When I try to update on...
  6. My sound is not working on my computer - Windows 10

My sound is not working on my computer - Windows 10: My sound is not working for anything except discord, its not the headphones as I use them on my phone as well ive tried pretty much everything online. The computer thinks the video is using sound as in sound settings the volume is going up and down when I play a video. Any...
  7. Spatial Sound Not Working At All

Spatial Sound Not Working At All: I have a custom built PC and I cannot get Spatial Sound or 7.1 Surround Sound to work in my HyperX cloud flights please help!! Specs: CPU:i7 7700k 8th Gen Hard Drives: WD Black SSD $100 WD 1TB MOTHERBOARD:GIGABYTE Aorus Z270X Gaming K7 GFX CARD:GTX 1070...
  8. Startup sound not working. except this all sounds are working properly

Startup sound not working. except this all sounds are working properly: I have updated all the drivers. I have checked the dialogue box startupsound in <sound <control panel but no use. I have changed logon and logoff values from 1 to o in device manager but it didn't worked....
  9. NO SOUND ON MY COMPUTER

NO SOUND ON MY COMPUTER: NO SOUND ON MY COMPUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-sound-on-my-computer/d7bcd5f1-063d-47c6-849c-8cf6b8b67974
  10. No Sound Even though PC says all my sound related hardware is working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound Even though PC says all my sound related hardware is working: I left my computer on while on the pause screen of Fallout 4 and it eventually fell asleep, when I came back a moved the mouse to wake up the computer but nothing happened, the monitor said there was no signal even though no wires were moved. I unplugged the DVI cable and I...