Windows 10: my computers sound is NOT working at all

Discus and support my computers sound is NOT working at all in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It was working perfectly fine, I closed it, opened it a couple minutes later and poof, no sound. I've tried updating the sound drive, seeing if it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gboy3589Haynes, Mar 26, 2020.

1. my computers sound is NOT working at all

It was working perfectly fine, I closed it, opened it a couple minutes later and poof, no sound. I've tried updating the sound drive, seeing if it was muted, unplugging and plugging in my headphones, but no luck. anybody know how to fix it?

:)

Gboy3589Haynes, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Mar 26, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 26, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

my computers sound is NOT working at all

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue my computers sound is NOT working at all :p

cadaveca, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

my computers sound is NOT working at all

1. my computers sound is NOT working at all - Similar Threads - computers sound working

2. My computers sound service is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computers sound service is not working.: Recently, my computer's sound service has been disabled. I tried many different methods, but each one said "Cannot activate sound service. Access Denied" Could I please have help? I already created another forum for this, But I cannot find it. Can someone help me? I tried...
  3. My computers sound service is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computers sound service is not working.: Recently, my computer's sound service has been disabled. I tried many different methods, but each one said "Cannot activate sound service. Access Denied" Could I please have help? I already created another forum for this, But I cannot find it. Can someone help me? I tried...
  4. My computers sound service is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. sound is not working on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound is not working on computer: how can I fix the sound on this system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-not-working-on-computer/cd2e1c5f-9dae-4cb2-abe0-7dfbb26673c0
  6. The sound on my computer doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    The sound on my computer doesn't work: The sound on my computer doesn't work even though I have it turned on at full volume. But when I plug in headphones, I can still hear it. I went to the toolbar to edit but still no success. What should I do ?...
  7. My computer sound is not working

My computer sound is not working: I have no sound to my laptop. i tried looking for the uaa driver couldnt find it in device manager, my realtek hd sound option isnt there anymore. only sound options i have are for nvidia and its not letting me do anything with that...
  8. sound not working at all.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound not working at all.: Hello. I upgraded my windows and now there's no sound. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-not-working-at-all/8e163896-7aae-4736-89b6-bc0e5aea1b48
  9. Sound not working at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not working at all: I recently installed windows 10 pro on my imac and everything went well until i noticed that the sound wasnt working at all i have tried everything on microsoft community and nothing has worked can someone please help me get my sound to work. thanks...
  10. Sound not working at all

Sound not working at all: [ATTACH]i can't get sound to work and it isn't showing any audio devices. When i go to device manager it says the audio devices in the computer are working fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-not-working-at-all/d46be84e-ae08-4469-8adc-92be6ba9e124