Windows 10: My computer's Strange behavior

Discus and support My computer's Strange behavior in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello,Because of the updates problem, I disabled the windows update optiom in the "Task manager" services.However, when I turn on the computer I notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

My computer's Strange behavior

Hello,Because of the updates problem, I disabled the windows update optiom in the "Task manager" services.However, when I turn on the computer I notice there is a great amount of network 'action', I take a look into the system tree and find "Windows 10 upgrade" folder has been downloaded, open the 'services' and see something has triggered the update option to be enabled again.What triggers it and how to disable it ?Spent some time reading about this 'Creators update / upgrade', as I understood (correct me if I'm wrong), I will loose Office and all my installed programs, and will have to pay for a licence.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 18, 2017

2. Strange behavior

The discussion about mobile phones and radiation is already a few years ongoing.

But that doesn't explain the behavior of my mobile phone.

The random "micro wave" radiation which causes a lot of heat on the skin and drains the batteries in a few minutes is likely to be caused by a program.

A program which seems to activate some frequenties which are not activated in normal use.

Old_crow---01, Jul 18, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    CJLim, Jul 18, 2017
  4. iBlob Win User

Hi,

Out of curiosity what service(s) did you disable for Windows Update?

And when I was prompted for the Creators Upgrade, at the time of receiving it, I hadn't done much research on it and mistakenly installed it. Despite having numerous issues, loosing applications and them being uninstalled is not something that I have encountered, nor has anyone else I know who has also installed the update

Only issue I received was networking issues, where the internet drops off every couple of minutes due to WiFi Sense, but that's a different topic all together.

Let me know what service(s) you disabled and I'll try and help as best as I can

Thanks *Smile

iBlob, Jul 18, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Don't know where you got that idea. If your current Windows 10 version 1511 is activated with a digital entitlement (see Settings>Update & security>Activation) then the licence is valid for upgrading to the Creators Update.

An upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10 will retain all your files and installed programs too. The only case where the upgrade may ask for a program to be uninstalled would be where it was incompatible. This would NOT be the case for Office, but may (for example) apply to some third-party AVs where an updated (compatible) version should be available.

I still have Office running on my machines that was installed back when they were running Windows 7. It has remained installed through the upgrade to Windows 10 v1511 and subsequent upgrades to Anniversary Update (1607) and now the Creators Update (1703).

The only way to loose all installed programs would be to do a clean install. The only time you'd have to buy a licence would be if you wanted to switch from your licenced copy of Home to the Pro version (or vice versa).

6. Motim Win User
    Hello,Thanks for the answers.1. Here is my answer to "iBlob": In the 'Task Manager\Services' right-clicked on 'wuauserv' and selected 'stop',then selected 'open services', there right-clicked on 'Windows update' selected 'properties' and in the line 'startup type' selected 'disabled' apply and ok.2. And my answer to "Bree": Noted some sites I read about this upgrade problems, could not find the rest of them."Update to Latest Version of Windows 10 using Update Assistant", clicked on 'update now' and it just downloaded some 1.6 GB .exe file.
    Thanks again

Motim, Jul 18, 2017
  7. iBlob Win User
    As well as disabling those services you also would need to disable the BITS service as well (Background Intelligent Transfer Service)

Try this first and then double check to see if your problem is persisting.

If it is then try disabling everything through command prompt (as administrator)

The code would be as follows:

net stop wuauserv

You should then see that the service has been stopped.

Then you need to change the config to stop the server from restarting automatically by using this code:

C:\>sc config wuauserv start= disabled

You should then see a message stating that the config has been changed successfully.

Let me know how you get on

Thanks

*Smile

iBlob, Jul 19, 2017
  8. My computer's Strange behavior

Expected 1511 Current Branch End-of-Life Date: September 2017*
    Understanding The Windows 10 Branching Timeline (As of 7/7/17)

I know it's possible to keep your applications and data when upgrading to a newer version under normal situations.

I'd have to investigate the correct procedure for you but I've got business to take care of.
    Someone else may know that more naturally than I do.

Have you examined the recommendations I mentioned in
    Computer's Bad Habits - Windows 10 Forums
    I suspect you'll be alright letting the computer naturally update to a newer version, myself I'd prefer 1703: And always allow natural WU's to happen. Take the necessary precautions before starting and then allow enough time to get by the black screen issue.

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My computer's Strange behavior - Similar Threads - computer's Strange behavior

2. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  3. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  4. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange behavior in Windows...maybe a computer issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange behavior in Windows...maybe a computer issue?: This is strange. My computer seems to do everything twice in order for it to proceed. For example, when I try to save a file in Illustrator, I get an error that says it can't save the file. i click save again and it saves just fine. When I try to go to a website, I get...
  6. Strange behavior in my network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange behavior in my network: Strange situation. My entire home network which is connected via LAN does not work anymore. WLAN works. My computer, where the screen turned off cause the inactivity, is no longer responding. After I turned off my computer hard, the whole lan goes again. Anyone an idea what...
  7. Strange Behavior

Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  8. Strange Behavior

Strange Behavior: Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page. Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc. Restarted in...
  9. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...