Windows 10: My configure button is greyed out for my speakers. I'm trying to make it so windows uses...

Discus and support My configure button is greyed out for my speakers. I'm trying to make it so windows uses... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RagingNerd312 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RagingNerd312, Dec 3, 2020.

1. My configure button is greyed out for my speakers. I'm trying to make it so windows uses...

/u/RagingNerd312, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 3, 2020
  3. mrquixx Win User
    Configuring Realtek HD Audio - To grey or not to grey

Hey guys. Consdiering I'm currently running 7, this may not be the most optimal place to drop a question, but I figure that the Realtek interface really hasn't changed too much over the years. When I'm configuring my surround sound, after setting the driver to a 5:1, I can see the interface that looks like a room with all the speakers shown that are apart of the 5:1 setup. Every speaker here is greyed out except for my left and right monitors, but they all seem to play the test tone along with the front speakers, but ONLY when they're greyed out. The L&R seem to work normally - playing the test when lit and not when greyed, but all other speakers only test tone through when they're greyed, which I would assume means they're deactivated - therefore, I am a confused man. Basically what I'm wondering is, considering I do want to take advantage of any surround capabilities possible, whether I leave them greyed and able to test tone or checked off to actually utilize my center, sides, etc.... this may end just being a very stupid question, but I guess I just assumed that if the test tone plays in its space then it will work in programs, am I wrong? Been curious about this one for a bit, any advice is mucho appreciated.*Think
    ps. If anyone well versed in configuring audio hubs happens to read this: If I only have 2 monitors and the moment and currently don't have an interface to get my separate sub and center working, should I even be using a 5:1 or 7:1, or just stick with the lone front speakers?

mrquixx, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

My configure button is greyed out for my speakers. I'm trying to make it so windows uses...

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

My configure button is greyed out for my speakers. I'm trying to make it so windows uses...

1. My configure button is greyed out for my speakers. I'm trying to make it so windows uses... - Similar Threads - configure button greyed

2. My configure button is grayed out, idk why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My configure button is grayed out, idk why: I tried updating my Realtek driver, restarting my laptop, restarting my headphones. if you could help I would be very grateful because I want to get at least 5.1 surround on my headphones...
  3. My configure button is grayed out, idk why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My configure button is grayed out, idk why: I tried updating my Realtek driver, restarting my laptop, restarting my headphones. if you could help I would be very grateful because I want to get at least 5.1 surround on my headphones...
  4. encrypt button greyed out

encrypt button greyed out: my encrypt button is greyed out, I have tried the options given in other people's answers but it doesnt work. please check what is wrong i cant encrypt any of my files...
  5. greyed out button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    greyed out button: i want to change my display resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 on Windows 11 but the button is greyed out so i can't do soisthere any way i can change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-button/8db43d0b-eea7-4b2b-91da-ea16ff26b955
  6. greyed out button

greyed out button: i want to change my display resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 on Windows 11 but the button is greyed out so i can't do soisthere any way i can change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-button/8db43d0b-eea7-4b2b-91da-ea16ff26b955
  7. Button greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Button greyed out: so i reset my computer today factory reset as i felt my computer was having problems i also recently posted about this issue and i though the reset solved it... i was able to download a free program until i logged into my account... then the grey button of death...
  8. my hotspot button is not activated so when trying to make it won't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my hotspot button is not activated so when trying to make it won't: hi good afternoon my hotspot button is not activated so when trying to make it won't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inqiery/3b6ed3d8-649c-4820-8965-16b499cc3f04
  9. Maximise button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximise button is greyed out: Hello, I am working on a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop running windows 10. I have installed some software to color calibrate the screen, however I am unable to maximise the start up screen to be able to read the directions. I have tried uninstalling the software, I have...
  10. My bluetooth speaker is in the devices but the connect/remove buttons are greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My bluetooth speaker is in the devices but the connect/remove buttons are greyed out: Ok, a few weeks ago my computer did an update. When it was finished my printer, scanner and bluetooth stopped working. I searched everywhere trying to find a solution and it was a no go. A week later there was another update and the issue was fixed. The very next update...