Windows 10: My contacts app lost their name and icon on the start menu. Otherwise it works perfectly fine.

Discus and support My contacts app lost their name and icon on the start menu. Otherwise it works perfectly fine. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/relativokay [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/relativokay, Jan 29, 2021.

1. My contacts app lost their name and icon on the start menu. Otherwise it works perfectly fine.

/u/relativokay, Jan 29, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jan 29, 2021
  4. joyrex Win User

My contacts app lost their name and icon on the start menu. Otherwise it works perfectly fine.

Windows 10 & metro apps start menu icons on search

I've been having this problem since a few months, it's very similar to this: Blank start menu icons on Windows 10 but yet a bit different, i of course tried the proposed solutions there but nothing worked so far.

Basically on my start menu all icons are fine and working perfectly, but when i search for a metro app this happens:

My contacts app lost their name and icon on the start menu. Otherwise it works perfectly fine. rEUBm.jpg

i even tried contacting microsoft's support to no avail, they just suggested to reinstall (which i don't want to do)

If anyone has any idea on how to solve this, i would be extremely grateful

Thank you

update: also tried every solution posted here UWP icons are missing with no success

joyrex, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

My contacts app lost their name and icon on the start menu. Otherwise it works perfectly fine.

1. My contacts app lost their name and icon on the start menu. Otherwise it works perfectly fine. - Similar Threads - contacts app lost

2. No display but my pc seems to work perfectly fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No display but my pc seems to work perfectly fine: I had a computer that worked fine for a few years. I tried to install my GPU, it works for a few days. Suddenly while I was watching yt, monitor suddenly goes no signal for no apparent reason. I then unplug my psu and plug it in again to restart my computer, no display. I...
  3. No display but my pc seems to work perfectly fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No display but my pc seems to work perfectly fine: I had a computer that worked fine for a few years. I tried to install my GPU, it works for a few days. Suddenly while I was watching yt, monitor suddenly goes no signal for no apparent reason. I then unplug my psu and plug it in again to restart my computer, no display. I...
  4. No display but my pc seems to work perfectly fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some apps icons are missing in start menu yesterday everything was fine. But today icons...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some apps icons are missing in start menu yesterday everything was fine. But today icons...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/G0NZ0s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ukausq/some_apps_icons_are_missing_in_start_menu/
  6. Windows Contacts app name doesn't appear on Start menu and Windows search

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Contacts app name doesn't appear on Start menu and Windows search: Hello, good evening, I have a problem with Windows Contacts app. Windows cannot display its name. My Windows is Hungarian, the name of the app is "Kapcsolatok" but it shows "ms-resource:AppListName". What can I do? Thanks for your answer. [ATTACH]...
  7. Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine

Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine: On most of the games I have the audio simply doesn't work, yet on everything else, youtube, spotify etc it works normally? Any ideas on how I can fix this? submitted by /u/hugo823 [link] [comments]...
  8. No internet access but works perfectly fine.

No internet access but works perfectly fine.: [ATTACH] No internet access but works perfectly fine for everything but windows apps. I think some other people are getting this as well. I've tried every fix i have found on the internet and none have worked. It is my desktop only in my house that has the issue. I can...
  9. Start menu icons not working.

Start menu icons not working.: So, there is a program in my start menu which I deleted that wont go away. I've checked the folders where the start menu icons are located and found no remains of the particular programs' icon. Upon trying to click on the icon, it just gets highlighted and nothing happens....
  10. "Start Perfect" Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Start Perfect" Start Menu: [img] Here is my start menu. All tiles change colors when I change the theme! 51562