Windows 10: My Contacts on my Hotmail account

Discus and support My Contacts on my Hotmail account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I had Windows 7pro I used a password to log on, I had to add 2 characters to the password once I installed Windows 10pro. In the process I lost my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GregoryHarold, May 4, 2021.

1. My Contacts on my Hotmail account

When I had Windows 7pro I used a password to log on, I had to add 2 characters to the password once I installed Windows 10pro. In the process I lost my contacts in my Hotmail Account. How do I restore my contacts?

:)

GregoryHarold, May 4, 2021
  2. Scramjet Win User

Contacts in hotmail

Sorry to confuse you there. When I go into Hotmail now in iexplore and click on the square of dots ( assumed it was settings according to another google search I done) in the blue area I get a list of boxes and the 2nd one is "People". That is where all my contacts are supposed to be. All I get is the beads spinning until I get the message of problems with site. When I go into Firefox browser and log into Hotmail I can click on the "People" box and instantly get all my contacts. Also I checked the "Mail" program in Windows 10 tile section which I have 2 email accounts counting Hotmail and I can access the contacts list there. it seems the past couple days that iexplore cannot display the contacts page which is stored on people.live.com
    This is very annoying because I always clicked on my Hotmail link for the quickest access to my Hotmail especially for sending emails.
    If I cannot find a fix for this then I may have to set Firefox to my default browser *Sad

cheers

Scramjet, May 4, 2021
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, May 4, 2021
  4. Polarman Win User

My Contacts on my Hotmail account

Hotmail accounts posted online

Thousands of Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, according to reports.

See this arcticle for more details:

BBC NEWS | Technology | Phishing attack targets Hotmail

I suggest that you change your password if you use any "Live" accounts.

Polarman, May 4, 2021
Thema:

My Contacts on my Hotmail account

1. My Contacts on my Hotmail account - Similar Threads - Contacts Hotmail account

2. My hotmail account has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hotmail account has disappeared: My hotmail account has disappeared,,Cannot receive any emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hotmail-account-has-disappeared/5494a158-bd09-4f8c-9b17-d37401a039ff
  3. To Delete my " HOTMAIL " account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To Delete my " HOTMAIL " account: I have a HOTMAIL account I would like to delete . It seems I have 2 ways to sign into MICROSOFT . Everyone states that if I delete my OLD Hotmail account it automatically closes my Main Microsoft account ? My main sign-in Account shows my " WORD " purchase & download , my...
  4. To Delete my " HOTMAIL " account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To Delete my " HOTMAIL " account: I have a HOTMAIL account I would like to delete . It seems I have 2 ways to sign into MICROSOFT . Everyone states that if I delete my OLD Hotmail account it automatically closes my Main Microsoft account ? My main sign-in Account shows my " WORD " purchase & download , my...
  5. To Delete my " HOTMAIL " account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Hacker in my hotmail account

Hacker in my hotmail account: A hacker put my hotmail account into his own authenticator app and potentially has control of my accounts and devices. I used recovery setup to reinstall Win 10 and need to reinstall my Office Suite but when I type in my Product Key it says error 2042 and someone else is...
  7. pin for my hotmail account

pin for my hotmail account: has anyone had where the pin they created doesn't t work and then it makes you restart your computer because you have used your wrong pin too many times? I selected the reset my pin and instead of going somewhere where you can do that it suggests a place but when you go...
  8. how to login to my hotmail account

how to login to my hotmail account: how to login to my Hotmail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-login-to-my-hotmail-account/bb70a463-dddf-4d92-a347-ac05b28a7bdd"
  9. My Hotmail account will not connect

in Browsers and Email
    My Hotmail account will not connect: When I first upgraded to Windows 10 I set up my gmail and hotmail accounts in the native Windows 10 email app. Both were working when I first set it up a long time ago. Quite a while ago now, though, the Hotmail account ceased to work. I tried looking online for the proper...
  10. Contacts in hotmail

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in hotmail: Hi All, Running windows 10 pro here. I open iexplorer and open Hotmail and I went to create a new email to one of my contacts and noticed when I was typing in the email address that it didn't auto display from my contacts. I then clicked on the settings and selected...