Windows 10: my controller is too sensitive

Discus and support my controller is too sensitive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i am using my white xbox one controller (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1000_.jpg) on my laptop which has windows 10 build 1809 and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cns00, Nov 7, 2019.

1. cns00 Win User

my controller is too sensitive

i am using my white xbox one controller (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1000_.jpg) on my laptop which has windows 10 build 1809 and i connected the controller to the laptop by using a usb wire

the problem is the left thumbstick is too sensitive and it is detecting the lightest touches. for example i am holding the thumbstick to the left so i can move the character that i am controlling to the left. after that i release the thumbstick and it goes to the right back to its original position. there is a small vibration to the right when that happens and the character that i am controlling moves to the right. the same issue happens when i am moving the character up and when i release the stick then the character moves down due to the down vibration. also sometimes when i am moving the character to the left the thumbstick is not perfectly to the left and it's tilted a bit downward and that causes the character that i am moving to go down. these issues are annoying me

how do i decrease the sensitivity of the controller? some games dont have sensitivity settings. i need a way which works in all games (steam games and non steam games). i downloaded the app xbox companion. the app only has options to change the button mapping and there is no sensitivity options. setting the mouse pointer speed to 0 helped a bit but that makes my mouse unusable

is my problem solvable? if it's not solvable then what controller shall i buy that doesnt have these sensitivity issues? i want to be able to use the controller accurately as if i am pressing keys on the keyboard

- - - Updated - - -

i fixed it. i had to follow Xbox One Controller Joystick Drift Fix (EASY AND WORKS!) and remove a plastic part from each thumbstick. the xbox one controller has high sensitivity and drift and removing the 2 plastic parts solves the issue

:)

cns00, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Sensitivity settings for controllers

Hi AdityaSingh7,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be, when we cannot fully enjoy the features of the game. We can set the sensitivity of the game on Windows PC, only if you have
    Elite controller which uses the software called
    Adjust trigger Sensitivity.

However, as a work around we can check if the following steps help you in reducing sensitivity of the game by resetting to defaults. I would request you to check the article on
    Configure your Xbox 360 controller for Windows.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type joy.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. Select the controller from the Game controller’s window and click on properties.
    4. Click on reset to default and check if the sensitivity is reduced.

my controller is too sensitive 026a65c5-4c28-489d-96fe-ed1f123ad097?upload=true.png

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Controllers sensitivity in Xbox

Hi Aaron,

What kind of controller do you have?

If it is an Elite controller which uses Adjust trigger Sensitivity software you can set the game sensitivity on Windows PC.

However I recommend that you reset to default as a workaround step:

Press Windows+R keys and open the run box.

Type in joy.cpl and click on Enter.

Pick the controller from the Game controller’s window and tap on Properties.

Tap on reset to default and check if it makes any difference.

Nicky Radonskiy, Nov 7, 2019
  4. my controller is too sensitive

Xbox one controller triggers sensitivity

Hi Renzo,

Currently, an option to edit the Xbox controller sensitivity is not yet available. I would recommend that you send a request or vote that the option of editing the controller sensitivity should be available. To do this, you may send the vote through the
    link below:

Click here

For other options, there are games that can change the controller sensitivity inside the game settings. You may contact the game developer for the steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

my controller is too sensitive

1. my controller is too sensitive - Similar Threads - controller too sensitive

2. Sensitivity controls are gone???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sensitivity controls are gone???: I have lost certain controls for my Logitech Flight Force 3D. Sensitivity settings have disappeared and all that shows is the word DONE. How do I get back to where it was. This started after the fs update....
  3. Touchpad still too sensitive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad still too sensitive: Is there a way of reducing my touchpad sensitivity beyond the limits of the Win10 setting? I have it as the lowest, but still the mouse reacts before my finger actually hits any target....
  4. Touchpad too sensitive . . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad too sensitive . . .: I have an Asus laptop, purchased new in September 2019, W10, Firefox, auto-updates all on, has the latest touchpad driver. Win version 1909. An overly-sensitive touchpad has been a problem since new, and also was on my previous laptop, an HP. Yes, it's set on the...
  5. Pen too sensitive

Pen too sensitive: Hi, Recently my pen on my Lenovo Yoga 530 has become really sensitive and picks up the pen and starts writing before it hits the surface of the laptop. It never used to do this, only recently but makes it almost impossible to write with. Do you have any tips/ideas on how...
  6. My microphone is way too sensitive

My microphone is way too sensitive: Hi, For the past month, i've been experiencing issues with my microphone Rode nt USB It is way too sensitive. It pucks up absolutely everything especially my pc fans so i allways have a background noise and the level of the mic isn't very high even at 100% i've had this mic...
  7. Controllers sensitivity in Xbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    Controllers sensitivity in Xbox: Please help me to reduce my controllers sensitivity. I use Xbox 360 and the sensitivity of controllers is too high to play racing games. Thank you! Is there any add to reduce controller sensitivity?...
  8. Sensitivity settings for controllers

Sensitivity settings for controllers: My controllers sensitivity is to high and racing games i am playing dont have sensitivity option how can i reduce it from windows. I have searched on internet but cant find any solution xbox 360 and one have that option like we can set it to high medium and low sensitivity...
  9. my microphone is too sensitive

my microphone is too sensitive: every time i talk to my friends they dont hear me because i talk quietly but they hear the noise of the microphone or air or whatever i wanted to change it too be quieter but every time i do that my friends cant hear me anymore...
  10. Touchpad Sensitivity too sensitive in Web Browsers

Touchpad Sensitivity too sensitive in Web Browsers: How can I make my touchpad less sensitive while using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and IE 11? For example, when I am typing something, the zoom size of the webpage is constantly changing. I have set it to Long Delay in Settings, but that didn't seem to help. Are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my xbox 360 controller analog sticks are too sensitive

2. my xbox 360 controller sticks are too sensiteve on pc

3. pc controller too sensitive

4. xbox controller with bluetooth too sensitive pc,
  5. lowering thr sensitivityod a controller windied