Windows 10: My controller suddenly wont work on newer pc games

Discus and support My controller suddenly wont work on newer pc games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have a wired xbox one controller from Power A. whenever i play older games like mw2 or bo2 on pc, it works without any issue. but recently iver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joey Dreibholz, Oct 16, 2020.

1. My controller suddenly wont work on newer pc games

i have a wired xbox one controller from Power A. whenever i play older games like mw2 or bo2 on pc, it works without any issue.

but recently iver tried to play fall guys and the call of duty cold war beta. literally after one second of input me jumping or moving the joysticks the controller shuts off. also ive noticed whenever this has happened, my windows gets very buggy in the windows start menu. it becomes unusable as if im constantly spamming the up key. the selection bar is constantly moving and even me clicking something doesnt fix it.

:)

Joey Dreibholz, Oct 16, 2020

2. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Games folder suddenly empty Windows 10

Using Windows 10. This morning the games folder was suddenly empty. I found instructions that were for Windows 7 on how to turn on games, and tried to use the same method, but when I went to "turn windows features on and off" in the Windows 10 control
    panel, 'games' isn't on the list. Any suggestions?

joesoup(2), Oct 16, 2020
  4. My controller suddenly wont work on newer pc games

PC has suddenly begun to freeze

• Could be memory leak due to a bug in the game- update Drivers ,newer patches for games.
    • I would check the hdd with Harddrive Sentinel Trail version- Easy to check smart data/bad sectors.
    • Check Gpu profile set to maximum performance for each game (in nvidia control panel).
    • Max cpu and Gpu temps ?- Leave Core temp and Msi Afterburner running ( check gpu fan not stuck on eg. 40%)
    Dought Malware scan / Defrag would do anything if only during gaming

SnakeDoctor, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

My controller suddenly wont work on newer pc games

1. My controller suddenly wont work on newer pc games - Similar Threads - controller suddenly wont

2. Xbox controller suddenly not working with some games on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller suddenly not working with some games on PC: I've been using my wired Xbox controller to play games on my PC, and several weeks ago, it suddenly stopped working correctly - but only with some games. With Dead by Daylight and Fall Guys, the controller works fine, but not with Fortnite or Minecraft. With Fortnite, for...
  3. Xbox controller suddenly not working with some games on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controller suddenly not working with some games on PC: I've been using my wired Xbox controller to play games on my PC, and several weeks ago, it suddenly stopped working correctly - but only with some games. With Dead by Daylight and Fall Guys, the controller works fine, but not with Fortnite or Minecraft. With Fortnite, for...
  4. PC suddenly wont work anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC suddenly wont work anymore: HiIm looking for some help.I had some problems with my PC recently. It all started with some Windows updates popping up every time I wanted to turn off my PC saying "Update and shutdown" or "Update and restart" But even when I updated the same message would pop up again when...
  5. My controller wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My controller wont work: I've tried everything i could but the controller doesn't want to connect at all. I've tried connecting it to a wire, changing batteries, updating the controller, and nothing will work. Any suggestions...
  6. game suddenly wont run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game suddenly wont run: i installed a game and it worked just fine even thought it had some crashes, but at least it worked. suddenly the game just wont run like no thing happens literally when i try to run it. i had tried to reinstall it, but it didn't fix the problem. why is that happening and how...
  7. Daily Crashing on Newer Gaming PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily Crashing on Newer Gaming PC: So I've been getting daily blue screens on a computer I just got a few months ago and they keep getting more and more common. Most of them are "Unexpected Store Exception" but some as well are "Critical Process Died" and "Kernel Inpage Error". They happen at any time, while...
  8. Controllers wont connect to my pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Controllers wont connect to my pc.: I really am not sure what else to do, other than turn to the community to see if anyone can help. I like to play games on controllers, I grew up playing on console, and even though I am on PC now, i still prefer controllers. I have had no issue using controllers on my PC...
  9. my controller wont connect to my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my controller wont connect to my pc: my controller used to always work and one day it just stopped turning on when connected to my pc I tried different wires and controllers nothing fixes it. I've figured out that my controller is getting power from the pc but it just doesn't work....
  10. Game Controller for my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Controller for my PC: I have a Cyberpower PC and I like to play World of Tanks on it. I'm not great at using the keyboard and mouse to control my tank. Would there be a good low cost controller to use with my PC? And would it happen to be a usb to hook directly into my puter? TIA 130334