Windows 10: My controller wont connect to pc via usb

Discus and support My controller wont connect to pc via usb in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tirth_148, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Tirth_148 Win User

My controller wont connect to pc via usb

Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the cable in to the controller, it vibrates, but does not show up in device manager and the Xbox Accessories app on my PC does not see any controllers connected. There are no updates for my controller, I checked on an Xbox One S. I am using the short micro usb to usb a cable included with the controllers. &nb

:)

Tirth_148, Jun 24, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 24, 2021
  3. USB Connected device not found by PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far.

Since you tried the same PS4 controller on a different laptop and failed to connect, resetting the system is not required and assuming that it could be a hardware related issue.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to try these methods and let us know the result of these methods.

Method 1: Steps to reset PS4

1. Turn back the controller.
    2. You should see a tiny reset button. It must be close to the L2 button.
    3. Use a pen or a needle and push the button for 10 seconds.
    4. Connect the controller and check

Method 2: Update HID in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows + X and click on
      Device manager
    2. Click on View tab on the top. Select
      Show hidden devices.
    3. Search & Expand Human Interface Devices and then check for
      HID-complaint game controller.
    4. Right Click on it and select Uninstall.
    5. Restart the PC and plug in the USB PS4 controller to install automatically.

Method 3: Set the PS4 as default app.

1. Press Windows +R key from the keyboard to open Run command.
    2. Type joy.cpl and click OK.
    3. Select the PS4 controller in the list and click on Advanced tab below.
    4. Then select the PS4 controller as preferred device and click OK.

However, you can also refer this Error:
    “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive
    article to troubleshoot, please exclude method 1 and 2 as they are not relevant to PS4.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 24, 2021
  4. My controller wont connect to pc via usb

Windows 10 Apps not detecting Xbox one controller with usb wire

To further isolate your concern, we recommend the following steps below:

• Test the controller on a different device.
    • Connect a different controller on your computer.
    • Use a different USB cable.
    • Connect the controller using a Bluetooth connection if your computer is Bluetooth capable. You can view the steps on this

link

Let us know the results.

Loraine Mon, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

My controller wont connect to pc via usb

1. My controller wont connect to pc via usb - Similar Threads - controller wont connect

2. i cant connect my controller to pc via usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant connect my controller to pc via usb: I need help i can't connect my controller to my pc via usb and i even try 6 other contoller and i dont even have bluethoot plss someone help me in window 11...
  3. i cant connect my controller to pc via usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant connect my controller to pc via usb: I need help i can't connect my controller to my pc via usb and i even try 6 other contoller and i dont even have bluethoot plss someone help me in window 11...
  4. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  5. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  6. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  8. Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  9. Controllers wont connect to my pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Controllers wont connect to my pc.: I really am not sure what else to do, other than turn to the community to see if anyone can help. I like to play games on controllers, I grew up playing on console, and even though I am on PC now, i still prefer controllers. I have had no issue using controllers on my PC...
  10. my controller wont connect to my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my controller wont connect to my pc: my controller used to always work and one day it just stopped turning on when connected to my pc I tried different wires and controllers nothing fixes it. I've figured out that my controller is getting power from the pc but it just doesn't work....